Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How can you make this Zara leather dress wearable?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 12:24 am
How can you make this Zara leather dress wearable if you want it Tzniusdik? Theres no snaps all thwe way down, and its really narrow below the knees. so you can sew it down to close.

https://www.zara.com/us/en/fau.....28067

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 7:04 am
b u m p

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 8:19 am
I just saw a blogger buy this exact dress from shein. It seems to fit fairly tzniusly on her. I_try_modesty

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 8:23 am
It looks perfectly tznius to me, but if you're worried about the bottom being too narrow, you can open up the seams at the sides, say 6 inches up, and add in some kind of stretchy material.

L K

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 8:24 am
Add front kick pleat to close it?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 8:27 am
Its def not Tzniusdik, the snaps end a good 4 inches above the knee and is too tight fitting to sew down or put snaps.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 8:46 am
I can't get past the models fabisin punim. The dress seems so ugly and mean to me. I bet with a different head on the model it would be great.
Why can't models smile and be pretty?

amother
White

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 9:29 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
I can't get past the models fabisin punim. The dress seems so ugly and mean to me. I bet with a different head on the model it would be great.

And I think she is gorgeous but too curvy for a model lol.

Amarante

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 10:09 am
Dress seems a bit more relaxed in fit than it appears since the back is draped quite a bit.

However, the dress seems like it would be uncomfortable to wear. Faux leather is plastic so essentially one is wearing a good deal of plastic encasing one's body.

Depending on your body type, snaps down the front of a dress can cause gaps.

The only way to tell for certain about it is to try it on to see how it hangs and what happens when you walk.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 10:43 pm

They get paid to do exactly what the fashion stylists tell them to do, down to the facial expressions. Its not their choice to make.

And they earn in a week what many here earn in a year.

Einikel

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 10:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They get paid to do exactly what the fashion stylists tell them to do, down to the facial expressions. Its not their choice to make.

Is that the case for all models?

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 10:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I'm not saying otherwise. Just don't understand the mean face. Turns me off from the clothing. I look at it and think that is not someone I want to be friends with or dress like. It is a silly association and I know it is forced and artificial, but that is my viceral reaction.
Someone here has an avatar with a mean face which turns me off as well. I 100% do not hear her the same way as I hear others, even amothers.
What can I tell you, I like warm, nice, friendly, smiling people.

flowergirl8

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 10:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

That would be high fashion models. Not zara catalogue ones.
But yes, they make whatever expression the photographer is asking for.
I'm into fashion. This is a pass for me. BUT on the model it looks tznius. So if you're saying it isn't , it will be very hard for us to give suggestions as we can't visualize it from the picture

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 11:00 pm
Maybe use it with a skirt. open the snaps from the waist down

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 11:06 pm
my motto is: if I have to think so deeply about how to make it tznius, not worth it
I just ordered a ton of dresses from their sale for 40$. fully tznius no thought needs to be put into it

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 11:06 pm
imagirl wrote:
That would be high fashion models. Not zara catalogue ones.
But yes, they make whatever expression the photographer is asking for.
I'm into fashion. This is a pass for me. BUT on the model it looks tznius. So if you're saying it isn't , it will be very hard for us to give suggestions as we can't visualize it from the picture

Im sure Zara models get paid thousands per hour (its a well known international company). Anfd they are told exactly what expression to make by photographer and stylist.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 11:07 pm
I would wear it with a black slip or straight skirt underneath so in the event that the dress opens enough for someone to see all they will see is black. It's a very cool dress.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 11:08 pm
Einikel wrote:
Is that the case for all models?

Not at all. Not at all.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 11:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Im sure Zara models get paid thousands per hour (its a well known international company). Anfd they are told exactly what expression to make by photographer and stylist.

I’m sure they don’t. More like a thousand a day. Maybe.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 11:10 pm

I've actually written letters to the editor of frum magazines about this. They have pictures of child models making these faces. No smiles. Very prust, no chain. I don't think it belongs in a Jewish magazine.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics