Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Please share ideas for at-home Chanukah fun!
Previous  1  2

sky

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 12:12 pm
make box mini donuts. Decorate Cheerios with icing and sprinkles and little boxes (saw on Instagram maybe)

Paint night. I use her tutorials in past and they are great: https://stepbysteppainting.net/

Paint ceramics. I buy stuff at dollar store (bowls, mugs, plates) and use oil based paint markers and bake to set.

Make a spot it game with family pictures

Decorate Chanukah cookies

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 12:15 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Omg please meet up with your family!
Absolutely no reason no to.
The fear mongering is terrible.

Every Democrat governor is trying to encourage staying home and then they were caught secretly in an airport, restaurant, or family party etc.

Depends who. The edlderly and at risk have to be careful. My parents were told by their dr to remain isolated. It’s not political
My friend is a dr in northern nj hospital. He said they are turning dining rooms in the hospital into covid wards and they are full already. He has multiple patients who have antibodies already. The ICU is a 1/3 full. He isn’t making it up for politics.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 2:29 pm
Set up a Zoom with different family members for different nights. Have some of your kids create a Kahoot trivia game for people to play from wherever they live, or other games like that. Let Bubbie and Zeyde tell stories, or ask questions and you provide the rewards on their part. Hand out Chanukah gelt from them, whether they sent it or you provide. Do freeze dance, with grandparents controlling the music. Play dreidel. We have done this through WhatsApp video before and it goes really well.

amother
Wine

Post Sat, Dec 05 2020, 10:54 pm
Make your own waffles, serve with ice cream and toppings!! yum!!
make hot cocoa the long way.....heat up milk with real milk chocolate...serve with dairy whip cream...pop popcorn and play boggle!!

baby12x

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 1:44 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
These are great! Thanks!

Thank you Very Happy

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 2:57 am
If your kids like to draw, you can follow along with a drawing tutorial.
Rivky Newhouse has lots of recorded art classes, many of them jewish themes, that teach kids step by step how to draw. Keeps the kids entertained and they really learn tons. My kids love them!
Her number is 3054695200.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 1:50 pm
Going back to the donuts on strings from the ceiling.
Tips for how to hang the donuts please!

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 10:39 pm
We played the donut game last year. We didn't hang the string from the ceiling. We connected it across, tape it onto the end of two walls.
Put on a donut on this string for each family member. Say go and everyone needs to try to finish eating their donut hands-free!!!
Keep reminding- hands off...

yersp

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 12:54 am
You gotta play the white powder game.
10 little baggies are filled with a white power (will tell you which ones in a minute)
Rules are simple: everyone must try to guess what powder each numbered baggie is. They write it down. Winner is the person who gets most or all correct.
3 rules apply: no smelling, no tasting and no throwing baggies. Pass it around, touch it and pass it further.

You can use:
Table salt, kosher salt, sugar, vanilla sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, baby formula, baby cereal, powder, oxi clean, any laundry detergent, onion powder, Ajax, and any other powder you can think of that I didn't list. 10 baggies (or more if you think it'll be more fun!)

You need to keep track of every baggie because it gets confusing! After each baggie gets a number, write it down for yourself to refer back to.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 8:51 am
I have older kids. I just went to Hashkifa.com and bought the Yoel Gold videos.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 3:22 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
We played the donut game last year. We didn't hang the string from the ceiling. We connected it across, tape it onto the end of two walls.
Put on a donut on this string for each family member. Say go and everyone needs to try to finish eating their donut hands-free!!!
Keep reminding- hands off...

Oh my gosh, I love this!
I have donuts with holes in the freezer, this is great!!!!
maybe I'll do it wednesday night, I'm having my aunt and uncle and my sister's in laws family, so there'll be an audience, so fun!!!

chanchy123

Post Sat, Dec 12 2020, 1:03 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Omg please meet up with your family!
Absolutely no reason no to.
The fear mongering is terrible.

Every Democrat governor is trying to encourage staying home and then they were caught secretly in an airport, restaurant, or family party etc.

Do you even know where OP lives? She may possibly live in a place which is going through a terrible outbreak, she may live outside of the US and be under lockdown, she may have at risk children or family members. Who knows?! Why do you think your very specific (may I guess also very NY/NJ specific) political views have any bearing on OP? You don’t think she’s doing the right thing, just ignore her, you don’t have to interfere in every thread here.

rainbow dash

Post Sat, Dec 12 2020, 1:41 pm
I wanted to make a party with my sil and her kids but the government doesn't let more than 1 visitor. The police are being very strict. Using drones, there is cameras all over town, all sorts of methods. There has already been some yidden and non jews arrested and fined. I'm not risking it. I'm in Antwerp Belgium btw

chanchy123

Post Sat, Dec 12 2020, 1:57 pm
rainbow dash wrote:
I wanted to make a party with my sil and her kids but the government doesn't let more than 1 visitor. The police are being very strict. Using drones, there is cameras all over town, all sorts of methods. There has already been some yidden and non jews arrested and fined. I'm not risking it. I'm in Antwerp Belgium btw

Wow, that’s challenging.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sat, Dec 12 2020, 2:17 pm
We did a latkelympics. The night we made latkes there were different challenges...got everyone peeling and helping.

Examples
Who can peel a potaote in under 30 seconds?
Who can peel with their eyes closed?(older kids in gloves)
Who can peel with their left hand?
Juggle 3 potatoes
Throw in 3 small potatoes in a bucket...best of 3.
Make an acronym poem for potato in under a minute
Guess how many varieties of potatoes there are
Guess how long it takes a potato to grow

While kids were finishing the second half I began frying. They were in next room to finish. Worked well
Then we ate!!!!

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Dec 12 2020, 2:37 pm
we danced to Chanuka musik in the dark room and everyone had small colored flashlights, its such fun!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics