Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Near east rice baked in oven?

erb17

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 5:42 pm
Can the near east cuscous be baked in the oven? if so what are the measurements?thanks!

precious

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 5:45 pm
I bake the rice in the oven, never tried the couscous. I use the measurements on the box, 350 for one hour

erb17

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 6:18 pm
precious wrote:
I bake the rice in the oven, never tried the couscous. I use the measurements on the box, 350 for one hour

thanks going to try it!

cbg

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 6:51 pm
The couscous doesn’t need that long
I’ve even just mixed it with boiling water a little oil and then cover and let it sit.
Then when you are ready to eat just heat in the oven.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 8:55 pm
(They have 2 kinds of couscous. The kind that is very tiny and doesn't take long, and the Israeli kind which needs longer.)
The smaller couscous I microwave instead of making in the oven. Super quick and it's already in a bowl for serving.

MangoSmoothie

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 10:58 pm
I do the same with the rice
I've never done it with their Israeli couscous, but I do bake Israeli couscous in the oven at 350 covered for an hour. I can't imagine it would be different with theirs. Ratio of couscous to water is 1:2, ie. 1 cup of couscous with 2 cups of water.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes