Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Roommates and covid
Previous  1  2

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 6:06 pm
seeker wrote:
We don't know that "he defied all precautions" and we don't even know yet whether there was a direct COVID contact in his Thanksgiving place that is responsible for this. Unless I missed something.

Could be the onus is on him. All I'm saying is that it's a question that bears asking. The statement "who needs halacha when it's OBVIOUS that there is only one decent thing to do" is inherently flawed; different people are going to have different "obvious" conclusions and that's why we have a system of decision-making assistance.

Well, if we go with the OP's statement, then we do know. Here is her statement:

"The bochur who has covid did not follow the podding rules when he went away for Thanksgiving."

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 7:24 pm
seeker wrote:
And then there is halacha to tell you how far you need to go to be decent. Expecting someone to move out of their place of residence which they paid to inhabit is exactly the kind of borderline/complex question that bears asking.

Isn't there an issue of sakanas nefashos- this is not a cold we are talking about- this thing kills!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 7:31 pm
Just to share the end of the story...
Thank you to those who posted about the free covid hotel.
None of the Bochrim knew about it.
Bochur #1 is at the covid hotel.
DS convince the boshur who has to quarrintine b/c of possibility of covid that he should go to the hotel as well and atleast he would be taken care of- they have kosher food- who knew. so nice!
And just to be precautious DS just got tested.

When everyone gets back and is healthy I think ds is going to hold a roommate meeting to disucss the rules they will all follow and agree to.

So this post was totally worth it because I got the info I needed about the free covid hotel.
Yay Imamother!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics