Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Use an agent? Experienced or new?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 7:36 am
What does a real estate agent do for you? (To buy)
Is there a reason not to use one?
Is there a reason to use one that's experienced or does it not make a difference to use someone new?

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 8:49 am
I recently bought a house, first tried one real estate agent who was not really helpfu (didn't end up buying with her) l and then used someone else who made the whole thing worthwhile. She negotiated the price well and helped with every step of the way. I definitely recommend using someone, just make sure to find out about them first.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 9:17 am
I wasted time with one agent who showed me anything the next agent we used showed us a more expensive house which we bought she helped with closing don’t pay for built ins

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 9:44 am
Thank you. It definitely sounds like personality and communication skills help, but did you think your agent's level of job experience made the difference?
Or does any one else have feedback about using an experienced agent vs using someone who is just starting out?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 9:45 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
I wasted time with one agent who showed me anything the next agent we used showed us a more expensive house which we bought she helped with closing don’t pay for built ins

So were you happy with second one?
What are built ins?

tweety1

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 9:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you. It definitely sounds like personality and communication skills help, but did you think your agent's level of job experience made the difference?
Or does any one else have feedback about using an experienced agent vs using someone who is just starting out?

I dealt with multiple brokers. I didn't see a difference. In fact, when we had a rental available, we went with a top notch, well known, extremely popular broker who wanted the rental exclusively. He had the apt for 3-4 months with barely any showings. We then got a phone call of a broker who just started out and was interested in trying to rent it out. Within the week we had a contract with a tenant.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 10:23 am
For us it was extremely helpful. He literally held our hands every step of the way. As first time homebuyers, jumping into this from a different city- we couldn’t have done it otherwise.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating