Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby Eczema- Help!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 7:03 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
The aveeno products have oats in them. I know quite a few kids who used their products and got significantly worse because they were allergic to oats but didn't know it.

Oh that’s a good point. I was thinking of my baby’s allergies, and I was relieved to find products that work. Sorry about that! Check out the Dove baby products. And try eliminating eggs.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 7:21 pm
Eczema is an atopic disease so the body is reacting to something. And/or the immune system is ina perpetual state of overactivity. There’s symptom management, finding and eliminating triggers (food, environmental, mold) and then treating the root cause of the immune dysfunction (sluggish liver, leaky gut and gut dysbiosis, heavy metal toxicity)

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 7:26 pm
Eczema is a side effect of vaccines. Read the package inserts that they give you - oh right; they don't give them to you! Specifically ask for the package inserts. Note that eczema is a known side-effect from some vaccines.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 7:28 pm
[quote="amother [ Dodgerblue ]"treating the root cause of the immune dysfunction (sluggish liver, leaky gut and gut dysbiosis, heavy metal toxicity)[/quote]

Is there a medical method for testing and/or treating the issues you mentioned?

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 7:29 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Eczema is a side effect of vaccines. Read the package inserts that they give you - oh right; they don't give them to you! Specifically ask for the package inserts. Note that eczema is a known side-effect from some vaccines.

No. My kid has eczema and is not vaccinated. Unless you want to blame the eczema on the vaccines I got when I was a baby....

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 7:38 pm
No. My kid has eczema and is not vaccinated. Unless you want to blame the eczema on the vaccines I got when I was a baby....

Nonetheless, eczema is still a listed side effect of vaccines. The fact that you know someone (your baby) that has eczema for clearly another reason does not invalidate this statement.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 7:46 pm
Is there a medical method for testing and/or treating the issues you mentioned?
for the liver you can look at methylation labs, methylmalonic acid, homocysteine, serum folate and b12, complete metabolic panel, pancreatic function, for gut health a complete digestive stool analysis, and for heavy metals a hair tissue mineral analysis is considered the best form of testing though a provoked urine metals test could also be used. Treatment will depend on the results, obviously.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 7:49 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:

Ooo I love this argument!
No. It is absolutely 2854318% false.
Just curious, how old are you?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 8:04 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
It’s pretty much standard across the board to rule out allergies, though. Your dermatologist is right that it may not be an allergy thing, but that would be the first thing that would come to my mind. Can you try an elimination in your diet and see what happens? Try going off of eggs first because that’s the #1 eczema-causing allergy. And dairy is a close second, even though the symptoms of dairy can also be gastro. Does your baby have bad diapers or excessive vomiting?

I've tried a bit here and there to go off eggs but found it hard, especially since in the back of my mind I'm thinking there's no point. Also I've been told it could take a month to see improvement...
No my baby does not have bad diapers or excessive vomiting, though she did spit up a lot when she was younger.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 8:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I've tried a bit here and there to go off eggs but found it hard, especially since in the back of my mind I'm thinking there's no point. Also I've been told it could take a month to see improvement...
No my baby does not have bad diapers or excessive vomiting, though she did spit up a lot when she was younger.

You’ll start to see improvement within 3 days, and after 3-4 weeks it will be totally gone. Total magic. Just give it a shot! A bunch of us dealt with egg allergies, and we can chip in with recipes and meal ideas for you. Many kids eventually outgrow the allergy.
Ok that’s good about the diapers and spit up.

Miri1

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 10:12 am
If you are eliminating a food you really need to do it properly for some time.
One of my kids eliminated eggs from his diet (ie, he wasn't nursing), and the doctor told me I needed to see it through for six weeks before drawing conclusions.

It may be different for a baby, but don't just try it for a day or two.

Also, once it clears, you might experiment. Some kids aren't sensitive to eggs that are baked into bread or a cake. But a quiche or homemade ice cream will set them off.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 1:04 pm
Also, an allergist explained to me that there are so many possible triggers for eczema, sometimes you never figure it out, so you have to go the dermatology route.
However it doesn't mean you shouldn't try getting to the source before going that route. I'm the one above who went off eggs while breastfeeding.
The ped was ready to send me to a dermatologist, but I tried that first and b"H it all cleared up.

Just one important point. If your baby is raw and bleeding, I would get him treated to avoid any infection ch"v. If that is the case taking the time to eliminated foods might be risky.
Ask your doctor if he thinks it is safe to take some time before treating.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 1:50 pm
My child has eczema. BH it’s mostly gone now. But I remember how difficult it was to watch him suffer, and how frustrating it was that there are no definitive answers our there.
My only consolation was that, due to his condition, he got tons of TLC and a lot of skin to skin contact as a baby. As a busy mom, I can’t say that he would’ve gotten so much if not for the eczema.
I was grateful for the opportunity to bond with him in that way and believe that it positively affected him long term.
Refuah shleima to your sweetie!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 04 2020, 10:16 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
You’ll start to see improvement within 3 days, and after 3-4 weeks it will be totally gone. Total magic. Just give it a shot! A bunch of us dealt with egg allergies, and we can chip in with recipes and meal ideas for you. Many kids eventually outgrow the allergy.
Ok that’s good about the diapers and spit up.

Thank you all for your support and advice. I have decided to jump in and go off eggs. I know it will be hard but I'm need to give it a shot.
Anyone know how to make egg free potato kugel??

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Dec 04 2020, 10:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you all for your support and advice. I have decided to jump in and go off eggs. I know it will be hard but I'm need to give it a shot.

Yes I just made yesterday. Just put in seltzer and flour.

mizle10

Post Fri, Dec 04 2020, 10:22 am
I have a few kids with bad eczema, it always flairs up when they dairy.

I might get tomatoes for this... but it’s not fair to want to only nurse and not be willing to eliminate things from your diet if your baby is in pain. Either you should try going off eggs or milk or else switch to formula.

Edit: I just saw now you decided to go off eggs. Good for you! Hatzlocha!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 04 2020, 11:01 am
mizle10 wrote:
I have a few kids with bad eczema, it always flairs up when they dairy.

I might get tomatoes for this... but it’s not fair to want to only nurse and not be willing to eliminate things from your diet if your baby is in pain. Either you should try going off eggs or milk or else switch to formula.

Edit: I just saw now you decided to go off eggs. Good for you! Hatzlocha!

I agree with you. But as I explained uphread, the reason I didnt go off eggs until now is because the dermatologist very strongly discouraged it, saying there is no connection. As I understand it, that's what they teach in dermatology school. Nevertheless I went to an allergist to get her tested and she tested negative for eggs.

But I still decided it cant hurt to try. So I went off eggs and dairy but after 2 days I found it affected my milk. None of my kids ever took bottles, they just spit it out if I tried. Even if was my own expressed milk.
So between that, the dermatologist insisting I not go off eggs and the negative test, I didnt think it made sense...
But now we are a few months down the line and I'm ready to start again. I will only cut out eggs and not dairy at the same time to give myself a better shot at success.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Dec 04 2020, 11:10 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I agree with you. But as I explained uphread, the reason I didnt go off eggs until now is because the dermatologist very strongly discouraged it, saying there is no connection. As I understand it, that's what they teach in dermatology school. Nevertheless I went to an allergist to get her tested and she tested negative for eggs.

But I still decided it cant hurt to try. So I went off eggs and dairy but after 2 days I found it affected my milk. None of my kids ever took bottles, they just spit it out if I tried. Even if was my own expressed milk.
So between that, the dermatologist insisting I not go off eggs and the negative test, I didnt think it made sense...
But now we are a few months down the line and I'm ready to start again. I will only cut out eggs and not dairy at the same time to give myself a better shot at success.
The problem with cutting one food at a time is that it may be more than one food and you won’t know unless you cut them all at the same time. Better to cut out a bunch at a time and then slowly add back in 1 at a time and look for changes. Dairy, gluten, eggs, nuts, soy, corn are the most common food culprits. Also, get a whole house water filter and use hypo allergenic soaps, detergents and cleansers.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 04 2020, 12:28 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
The problem with cutting one food at a time is that it may be more than one food and you won’t know unless you cut them all at the same time. Better to cut out a bunch at a time and then slowly add back in 1 at a time and look for changes. Dairy, gluten, eggs, nuts, soy, corn are the most common food culprits. Also, get a whole house water filter and use hypo allergenic soaps, detergents and cleansers.

This is actually the reason why I couldn't do it the first time. I tried cutting out too many things the first time.
I did change the detergent and only use hypoallergenic soap. I give very short baths and immediately lock in the moisture with aquaphor.
But I understand that I'm in a catch-22. If I dont go off all culprits at the same time, I may never know. But if I do, it may be too hard to stick to.
That, in a nutshell, is the problem. And oh yes, she is definitely allergic to nuts. (I have an EpiPen for that)

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Dec 04 2020, 12:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

We make one using grated potatoes, oil, onion and blended zucchini to bind it in place of the egg
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics