Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Redoing my bathroom - recommendations? (Lakewood)

kollel wife

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 10:53 am
I'm looking for a recommendation - maybe just of an installer.

I have an older bathroom, which I want to change, mostly because of grout that won't get clean, metal on glass door that is old and corroded, sink that doesn't drain, etc. Just old, doesn't look clean and fresh, even when it's just been cleaned.

My main goal here isn't the most high end or stunning. Yes, I do want it to look nice. But my main goal is that it should be done well - that it WILL STAY NICE and fresh.

Am I looking for the sink, bathtub etc, where ever I want, or do I need to go somewhere specific to get a good quality? Or am I mostly looking for someone who will do a very good and neat job installing?

And who do you recommend?

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 12:53 pm
You need a contractor who will bring his installers. You will need a plumber to connect vanity/tub/sink. A tile installer, painter (if you dont want to tile floor to ceiling) and possibly an electrician if you want to update the lighting in the bathroom. I know a few people who were very happy with Clearbrook contractors for something like this.
Once you choose a contractor, you can discuss what you need to order. They may have specific stores that they work with and will tell you to choose from those vendors.

kollel wife

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 12:56 pm
Thank you - I did see them advertise

Amarante

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 1:07 pm
Be very careful of who you hire to do the job because there are lots of ways a poorly constructed bathroom will cause problems.

Most important is the waterproofing because otherwise you will have structural damage and mold.

Don't try to cut corners. Hire someone who uses licensed plumbers and electricians because otherwise you can get real problems - electricity and water and leaks OY!!!!

I recently remodeled my bathrooms and was very glad I had chosen carefully because it came out really well. I am not in Lakewood so can't recommend anyone,

You should also think about ways to improve the functionality of your bathroom since you are remodeling - there are things that make it function better as well as things that make it safer like lots of grab bars to prevent falls.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries