Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How to help dd learn time management

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 6:53 pm
My 3rd grader is terrible with time she complains at night, how little ti.e she has for play, and eating when it ti.e for hmwk or bed. She doesn't want to do homework right when she comes from school either because she says she needs downtime. But I'm frustrated that she doesn't realize minutes to go the the bathroom, talk, all these minutes slowly add up. B"h she smart in schools so even though she is of the last to give in her test, and go on line for lunch she isn't the last the last. Just at home she gets upset she want to play all night and not time every second? Please help what do I do?

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 7:10 pm
Maybe putting timers in place so she's aware and hears when they go off. Also give her options?
Do you need 10 or 15 minutes of downtime? Do as much homework as possible in 20 minutes. Do you want to play for 20 or 22 minutes?

And just keep setting the alarms..

paperflowers

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 7:16 pm
You can have her guess how long it will take her to complete each thing and then time it. Try and make it fun. Like a challenge to get her guess as close as possible, or use a white board with fun colored markers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics