Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Did you "propose" to your husband?

yiddishmom

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 7:10 pm
In the past day or two I've seen a few amothers post that they "proposed" to their husbands.

I basically proposed to my husband and my friends thought that I was ridiculous. So I stopped saying the story.

But now I see that I am not the only one Smile

I asked my husband how come he wanted to marry me after I was brazen enough to tell him to propose already. He said it's "because of it". He liked the guts!

If you did it too, please share!

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 7:59 pm
No

But I did day “I can’t wait to marry you” before he said anything like that

Ellie7

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 8:19 pm
I asked him out, but he proposed.

OneSource

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 8:29 pm
My husband told me, two weeks after we met, that he was going to marry me one day. Fast forward a year and a half, I asked him why hasn't he made good on that whole, "I'm gonna marry you" thing. He promptly did so. I guess I kind of made him but in all fairness, he started it 🤣. Were now married 16 years, very happily.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 8:35 pm
Yes, as a joke, on our first date. I think I almost scared him off though

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 8:36 pm
yiddishmom wrote:
In the past day or two I've seen a few amothers post that they "proposed" to their husbands.

I basically proposed to my husband and my friends thought that I was ridiculous. So I stopped saying the story.

But now I see that I am not the only one Smile

I asked my husband how come he wanted to marry me after I was brazen enough to tell him to propose already. He said it's "because of it". He liked the guts!

If you did it too, please share!

Omg I thought I was the only nutcase around...
He was shlepping the last Bshow plain shmoozing... we both knew we were getting engaged. so I said I think our parents are waiting should we go tell them that we’re ready? He said yes of course.
We went to the living room where both set of parents sat waiting for us and I said “ok we are ready”.
I love him, my mr non initiating goody goody is the most attentive and gentle person on all the planets who would go to the moon for me. He’s the most loving husband and father,
But if I’d wait for him to propose.... we’d still be sitting there.
He likes my guts, incase you wondered.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 9:02 pm
He was waiting for a few weeks for me to be ready. And one night we were just sitting together and I'm like "ok y'know, I think I'm ready to get engaged. I could see myself doing this for the rest of our lives."

When I told my parents later that I told him I was ready, my mom goes "Wait you proposed??!!"

DH still teases me about it also Smile

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 9:23 pm
I did! Way too many details but in short I arranged the lchaum based on the fact that I knew he was ready to get engaged but he hadn't actually proposed to me, I basically let him know I was planning the event so he had to propose 😂.
He also loves my guts Wink

TwinsMommy

Post Fri, Dec 04 2020, 12:46 am
we had recently become Orthodox when we got engaged and we had a five year history of dating and living together (he moved out and moved in with the Rabbi!) before that, so...... we went ring shopping together. He hid the ring until he was ready for his little speech. Smile His speech was memorable and amazing but we both knew YEARS before we got engaged that we WOULD.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics