Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Unique and meaningful names that can pass In a chareidi
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 6:56 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
That's beautiful. May you and yours have a lot of nachas from him, be"H.

Thank you, amen!

chanchy123

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 6:57 am
To me, it sounds like your husband specifically wants a common name and you specifically want a unique name. You can't find a name that is both popular and unique - that is an antithesis. You need to come to common ground, is what you want a name that is unique or a name that has a beautiful sound and meaning?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 6:59 am
chanchy123 wrote:
To me, it sounds like your husband specifically wants a common name and you specifically want a unique name. You can't find a name that is both popular and unique - that is an antithesis. You need to come to common ground, is what you want a name that is unique or a name that has a beautiful sound and meaning?

Pretty much. Thank you everyone for all the ideas. We have been able to compile a very short list of names that I feel are more unique and he still feels are common enough to not get second looks.

Were going to take it one baby at a time.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 7:02 am
Please post a list of possible names. We can all tell you if they are acceptable in our communities.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 7:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Pretty much. Thank you everyone for all the ideas. We have been able to compile a very short list of names that I feel are more unique and he still feels are common enough to not get second looks.

Great Beshaa Tova.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 7:16 am
The name Hinda is shem Adnai plus a hei. This was said by a Rebbe and really makes me think of the name in a different light.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 8:04 am
Ayala
Ella
Hadassah
Shira
Michal

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 8:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not talking about the secular world - if he goes to an American Yeshiva in Israel or goes to America he doesn't want other frum kids in the yeshivish world to look at him strangely. Like Itamar, Kehos, Avner etc.

None of those names are that strange that anyone will look at them weirdly. I know a bunch of yeshivish American kids named Kehos. (They are all cousins)

yonabets

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 9:40 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Ayala
Ella
Hadassah
Shira
Michal

It's the best list!!(I just think Ella is less accepted everywhere)

yonabets

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 9:41 am
shaynala wrote:
I am obsessed with Avigail...
I named my daughter that Smile
I believe it means, My Father (Hashem) should bring us joy- I think it's like a bakasha....
I also like unique names...I think this is unique but totally accepted everywhere...

Beautiful meaning!!!!! really!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 9:47 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
None of those names are that strange that anyone will look at them weirdly. I know a bunch of yeshivish American kids named Kehos. (They are all cousins)

DH went to many yeshivos. I didn't. He said he met one once. So no to that.

yonabets

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 9:50 am
Boys :
Betsalel
Ariel.
Yonathan/.Nathan/ .Nethanel.
Binyamin.
Michael

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 9:53 am
What does Ariel mean or come from? I just keep thinking of the little mermaid. How is it pronounced?

amother
White

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 9:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not talking about the secular world - if he goes to an American Yeshiva in Israel or goes to America he doesn't want other frum kids in the yeshivish world to look at him strangely. Like Itamar, Kehos, Avner etc.

The name Itamar is accepted in chassidish circles - can’t get more chareidi than that
It’s the pronunciation that makes the difference.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 10:02 am
LovesHashem wrote:
What does Ariel mean or come from? I just keep thinking of the little mermaid. How is it pronounced?

Emphasis on the last syllable. It's another name for Yerushalayim.

yonabets

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 10:04 am
Daniel .

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 10:11 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
The name Itamar is accepted in chassidish circles - can’t get more chareidi than that
It’s the pronunciation that makes the difference.

Who chassidut? DH knows of one or two isamars in the US. Is the chassidut in Israel or the US?

Chassidish and chareidi aren't the same thing. If you sign up your kid to Bais Yaakov with a name like Raizel or Gittel or Shprtinzah or Tirzah that's weird.

simcha4

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 11:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

B'H. So, you're settled re naming your next few children, iy"H.
May it be easy and with true joy, b'shaa tova umutzlachas, iy"H.

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 12:00 pm
Ella is common in chasidish circles, I think. I know someone in Monroe who’s name is Ella

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 12:03 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]”
Chassidish and chareidi aren't the same thing. If you sign up your kid to Bais Yaakov with a name like Raizel or Gittel or Shprtinzah or Tirzah that's weird.[/quote]

Oh not exactly when I lived in Flatbush there are plenty of little girls with the name Raizy or Gittel (Gitty for short)
The last 2 names are more old fashioned I think. Like Gertrude and Henriette. lol. Unless I’m wrong.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names