Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
I'm so grateful to Hashem, I don't know how to thank Him eno

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 12:06 pm
I've had mental illness for years and now its much better. I was in a terrible car accident, I survived. I have been very lonely, now I feel better. How do I thank Hashem for all His kindness to me? Should I take on a specific mitzvah, if so which one? Any guidance would be great!!!

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 12:10 pm
Say some tehillim each day. Thank Hashem verbally in your own language each day for each of the chassodim that he did and constantly does for you.
If you are able to take another mitzvah upon yourself then go ahead. But make sure that it's doable and sustainable!
Kol Hakavod!

zaq

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 1:28 pm
Give a generous donation to a worthy cause, perhaps something related to the challenges you overcame (e.g. Hatzalah, an org that helps the mentally ill and their families, suicide prevention, shalom task force), and enclose a note with the check stating that this is in gratitude to Hashem for His support. or put an ad in your shul or yeshiva's journal stating 'in Gratitude to Hashem for His support' instead of the usual 'in Honor of the Hashkama Minyan' or 'With thanks to Rabbi Gottesman.'

iyar

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 1:32 pm
When you wake up in the morning and say Modeh Ani say it as if you really mean it. When you say Modim in Shmoneh Esrei, that's a good time to add personal thanks and have in mind anything you're grateful for.

aycg

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 1:32 pm
Say tfilas todah every day. They sell it in the judaica store in Hebrew or Yiddish

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 1:34 pm
Just thank Him every day!

silverlining3

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 1:37 pm
You can say mizmor lasoda every day.

ETA- You can also say asher yatzar with real kavana.

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 2:30 pm
In addition to the above, consider if there's ever an appropriate venue to share your story in more detail, even anonymously. That's how Aharon Margolis came to write "As Long As I Live" and speak a lot about his life and challenges, helping a lot of people.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 2:34 pm
Amazing! Maybe we should have a thread to share our gratitude. I’ve also experienced some recent miracles. Following!

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 3:21 pm
Me too! I was just thinking this today. I’m 8 weeks pregnant and passed enough blood clots today for several miscarriages and Bh was told at my ultrasound that the baby looks perfectly fine! My mother always taught me that when you get good medical results you need to thank Hashem by doing something good for Him. Usually that means I make extra special food for Shabbos! I like the ideas in this thread!

yiddishmom

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 3:48 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Me too! I was just thinking this today. I’m 8 weeks pregnant and passed enough blood clots today for several miscarriages and Bh was told at my ultrasound that the baby looks perfectly fine! My mother always taught me that when you get good medical results you need to thank Hashem by doing something good for Him. Usually that means I make extra special food for Shabbos! I like the ideas in this thread!

This is beautiful. Bshaah tovah!

And OP, maybe you continue experiencing miracles and yeshuos!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics