Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Buying a used minivan

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 1:44 pm
Our family has outgrown our small car, we can not afford a minivan right now but it has become a necessity at this point so were looking to buy a used minivan preferably year 2017-2018. Any leads? Where can I get a good deal? Has anyone heard of lakewood auto sales?

ruchelbuckle

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 1:57 pm
I bought my used minivan from Lakewood auto sales-- I was very happy with them, and in general, they seem to have a good reputation.

Unfortunately, due to the current state of the economy, now isn't a great time to purchase a used minivan (people are holding on to their cars longer and renewing their current leases, so used inventory is tight).

I don't know what you mean by "leads" -- Look at cars.com or autotrader.com and see what's available in your area. Unfortunately, there are no secret clubs out there that can get you a used Odyssey for $5000 less than your neighbor bought it for from the same year with the same mileage and the same trim line......if such a thing existed, we would probably all know about it! LOL And if someone is selling a car for considerably less than you think it should be going for, then you need to ask why!

If you find a used car from a local dealership, you can have a mobile mechanic come down and inspect it (there are companies that do this, google it).

Also, don't know where you live, but sometimes looking outside major metropolitan areas can help-- you might find more competitive pricing if you are willing to travel to a less populated area.t hat's probably regional, though

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 2:04 pm
Lakewood Auto Sales has phenomenal customer service and they have a reputation for standing behind their vehicles 100% of the time. Their prices are pretty much standard though the prices are definitely higher now with the pandemic still going on.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 2:05 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Lakewood Auto Sales has phenomenal customer service and they have a reputation for standing behind their vehicles 100% of the time. Their prices are pretty much standard though the prices are definitely higher now with the pandemic still going on.

Agree with this. We got a car and a minivan from them a few years ago.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics