Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Designer bags
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 10:56 am
just curious, do most (read: not all!) frum stylish women carrying designer bags, get them online for a fraction of price? (like I do? ) I'm assuming that answer is obviously yes, and don't wanna start a heated convo now ..but, curious! and I'm not making fun of it , cuz I do it, and ye its crazy yada yada but I'm honestly curious. cuz see it all around..

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 10:59 am
I have a designer bag and got it at a local store for full price.
Many women get their bags from Ali for cheap.

imaima

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 11:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
just curious, do most (read: not all!) frum stylish women carrying designer bags, get them online for a fraction of price? (like I do? ) I'm assuming that answer is obviously yes, and don't wanna start a heated convo now ..but, curious! and I'm not making fun of it , cuz I do it, and ye its crazy yada yada but I'm honestly curious. cuz see it all around..

what level of designer? Not all designers do discounts.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 11:01 am
Mine was full price, can’t speak for the rest of the people you see;)

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 11:06 am
if anyone wants to share a link for designer looking bags from Ali for good price, please do.
I'd appreciate it.

Fox

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 11:11 am
I definitely buy my bags on the secondary market. I appreciate having some nice rich lady warm up my bag for me.

pinkpeonies

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 11:14 am
I honestly always wonder this. Im not poor, and I'll spend about $250 on a bag, but I have friends whose bags I KNOW cost in the $2-3000 range. They dont sell them cheaper!
Im talking YSL, chanel, goyard...
and I cant stand fakes. I would rather have a non-brand than a fake. There is something about wearing a fake designer that really really rubs me the wrong way

pinkpeonies

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 11:16 am
Fox wrote:
I definitely buy my bags on the secondary market. I appreciate having some nice rich lady warm up my bag for me.

Nothing wrong with buying second hand, but even those are a few thousand!

mizle10

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 11:17 am
chayamo wrote:
I honestly always wonder this. Im not poor, and I'll spend about $250 on a bag, but I have friends whose bags I KNOW cost in the $2-3000 range. They dont sell them cheaper!
Im talking YSL, chanel, goyard...
and I cant stand fakes. I would rather have a non-brand than a fake. There is something about wearing a fake designer that really really rubs me the wrong way

I’m with you, I wouldn’t wear a fake. I would rather wear $50 no name brand.

Fox

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 11:20 am
chayamo wrote:

100 percent!

Anyone considering buying a knock-off bag should know that the sale of fake designer bags is a significant income stream for a lot of bad people in the world -- various terrorist organizations, people involved in slave trading, people involved in child trafficking, etc.

So you're not just cheating a wealthy designer or design house, you're actually subsidizing some of the worst criminals in the world.

And if that doesn't motivate you to avoid buying a knock-off, consider that true handbag aficionadas/os will judge you mercilessly if they notice you're carrying a fake bag.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 11:21 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
if anyone wants to share a link for designer looking bags from Ali for good price, please do.
I'd appreciate it.

The designer things on ali are usually a hidden link.

Fuchsia

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 11:29 am
Fox wrote:
100 percent!

Anyone considering buying a knock-off bag should know that the sale of fake designer bags is a significant income stream for a lot of bad people in the world -- various terrorist organizations, people involved in slave trading, people involved in child trafficking, etc.

So you're not just cheating a wealthy designer or design house, you're actually subsidizing some of the worst criminals in the world.

And if that doesn't motivate you to avoid buying a knock-off, consider that true handbag aficionadas/os will judge you mercilessly if they notice you're carrying a fake bag.

All this.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 11:32 am
I guess it depends which designer. I always buy Coach bags. Usually full price, but I actually purchased my current bag at the Coach outlet for a fraction of their full price, so I think I’ll be shopping there from now on. Obviously this designer is a lot more affordable than the others mentioned. I agree 100% about knockoffs. Either buy the real thing or just skip the whole designer thing.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 11:34 am
TBH, I judge people who carry real designer bags.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 11:38 am
I have 2 real designer bags. I don't do fake designer. More likely to use a cheap non-brand or a canvas book bag, than fake brand.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 11:39 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:

I judge myself.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 11:39 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:

Why do you care?

giselle

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 11:46 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:

What are you judging exactly? 🤔

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 11:47 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:

Judge me all you want

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 11:50 am
who decides what's a designer knockoff of what's just a quality looking bag that's well priced??

I can't afford designer bags, but am I not allowed to buy a designer looking bag?

I don't understand.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics