Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
When does our quarantine end - so confused

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 5:41 pm
DH tested positive on Sunday, noone else is sick, when can my kids leave quarantine? Do I count from Sunday or some later point...

cuties' mom

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 5:55 pm
You count from Sunday if your dh didn't have symptoms before, however, if your dh doesn't isolate for 10 days, schools don't count the quarantine until after his 10 days are over, leaving you with 24 days.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 6:12 pm
He needs to quarantine by himself, otherwise the whole family will need to quarantine together for 24 days, because of continuous exposure.

If he isolates, your family can come out of quarantine 14 days after the last exposure to him.

He himself can come out of quarantine 10 days since symptoms first appeared, as long as by that time it's already been 24 hours with no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications, and other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving.

Just One

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 7:44 pm
The CDC reduced quarantine to 7-10 days (7 with a positive test before leaving quarantine or 10 without testing.

So if you're machmir and he's been isolating from the family you can leave quarantine 7-10 gays after last exposure to him

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 04 2020, 12:07 pm
What if he is not isolating from the family? My dh says it is from when he tested positive.

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Dec 04 2020, 12:18 pm
Just One wrote:
The CDC reduced quarantine to 7-10 days (7 with a positive test before leaving quarantine or 10 without testing.

So if you're machmir and he's been isolating from the family you can leave quarantine 7-10 gays after last exposure to him

FYI The CDC makes recommendations. Their new recommendation may be implemented by local DOH authorities, but the local laws/rules apply until and unless that happens. Also, that new recommendation only applies to those in quarantine without symptoms at all. If anyone develops symptoms, that would not fall under the CDCs recommendation.

I don't know where OP is, but where I am (NYS) the rules are still more strict. Maybe they will change as a result of the recommendation, but I don't believe that's happened yet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics