Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Good dentis

hellow1234

Post Fri, Dec 04 2020, 10:57 am
Good dentist

Last edited by hellow1234 on Thu, Mar 04 2021, 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

zaq

Post Fri, Dec 04 2020, 11:35 am
You do NOT want general anesthesia for a routine dental visit. General is not without risks, and when you have general, you have to be hooked up to an IV and your vitals monitored just in case the unthinkable happens. In any case, a regular dentist doesn't use general; even oral surgeons seldom do unless there's a very good reason to do so. "I don't like going to the dentist" doesn't qualify.

What you probably mean is nitrous oxide, aka "laughing gas," which doesn't put you completely under. Not many general dentists use it, either, because it's toxic, difficult to control exposures and a risk for the staff. But that's what you should look for: a dentist who uses nitrous oxide upon request.

I would suggest, rather, that before going to the dentist you drink a couple of glasses of wine--check with the dentist first to see if this will interfere with any procedures or meds you might get--bring along your earbuds and personal portable music player loaded with your favorite relaxing music, and practice deep breathing.

Lovable

Post Fri, Dec 04 2020, 11:40 am
I agree, the dentist is no fun place to be. I've had my fair share of dental work Sad
But you need to consider the after effects of general Anesthesia before you make your decision...Personally, I find the temporary pain/pressure easier to deal with
Maybe ask hubby to come along and hold your hand
Good luck!

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Dec 04 2020, 11:40 am
I just did this. It was the best ever. I don’t think it was general Anasthesia. But I was asleep enough that I don’t remember a thing. Dr Hershman on 65th Street. If you are in Brooklyn, highly recommend.

karat

Post Fri, Dec 04 2020, 11:49 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I just did this. It was the best ever. I don’t think it was general Anasthesia. But I was asleep enough that I don’t remember a thing. Dr Hershman on 65th Street. If you are in Brooklyn, highly recommend.

It’s called IV sedation.

karat

Post Fri, Dec 04 2020, 11:52 am
And it’s very expensive.

What kind of dental treatment do you need?
If all you’re needing is some fillings, ask your doctor to prescribe an anti-anxiety pill.
It’s much cheaper.

hellow1234

Post Fri, Dec 04 2020, 12:28 pm
does Dr Hershman do regular dentist work(fillings) ?

President

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 10:31 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

Could you give me some more info on him? Does he take insurance? Is he adults or pediatric? Does he do root canals?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics