Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Tznius rules/ridiculous edition
1  2  3  4  Next

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 7:05 pm
I’m trying to open up a school which will likely bring Moshiach still before the covid vaccine kicks in.
Help me come up with rules. I came up with a few for a start:
*Bangs must be no longer than the uppermost part of the eyebrows.
*If you wear a middle part make sure it’s not perfectly straight. The straight white line might be too attractive.
*If you prefer hanging earrings figure out a way to glue it to your ear so it should hang upside down instead of dangling. It’s less attractive this way.

Genius

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 7:08 pm
Burkas are expected when students attempt to venture outdoors. (They won’t go far, we believe. Kol kevuda vas melech penima)

preciousmommy

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 7:10 pm
Tall girls must bend their knees slightly when they walk. It’s immodest to stick out in a crowd.

yksraya

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 7:25 pm
They must wear a full face mask. Not due to corona. For tznius purposes. But it actually has to have holes for nose and mouth, or else it's chukas hagoy as it would resemble the mandated masks...

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 7:30 pm
Shirt collars double as face masks. If you wear a turtle neck it’s not tzenuss because the top part gets too narrow and it’s too revealing- everyone will know you have a mouth and nose underneath.

*special tall shirt collars. They get bent up to cover face

Last edited by amother on Thu, May 06 2021, 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

MangoSmoothie

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 7:32 pm
Sheitels and snoods for married teachers should be pulled down to cover the eyebrows as well- that's also hair that must be covered.

Edited because original post seemed mocking (unintentionally)

Last edited by MangoSmoothie on Mon, Dec 07 2020, 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total

behappy2

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 7:33 pm
Only dark colored masks allowed (surprised the schools haven't actually made this as a rule)

boat

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 7:34 pm
Girls with beautiful voices should not answer questions or speak up at all if the teacher is male.

yksraya

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 7:34 pm
behappy2 wrote:
Only dark colored masks allowed (surprised the schools haven't actually made this as a rule)
don't give them ideas...

yksraya

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 7:35 pm
boat wrote:
Girls with beautiful voices should not answer questions or speak up at all if the teacher is male.
don't worry, they don't hire male teachers in ths girls school...

yksraya

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 7:36 pm
There should be a mechitza between each girl so no one sees each other.

boat

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 7:41 pm
yksraya wrote:
don't worry, they don't hire male teachers in ths girls school...

Is it tzniusdik for a lady to teach? Raise her voice to a class and leave her house each day? Teach about the avos? I'd say only men will teach in this school. Maybe behind a mechitza though.

blueberry6

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 7:46 pm
Everyone should have the same color hair so no one should stand out - dark brown is best. Blonde or any shade of red or even light brown is too attractive, so any girl with anyof these natural hair colors needs to either dye her hair or wear a wig. And of course, it goes without saying that nothing should be longer than chin length.

blueberry6

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 7:47 pm
Gosh, and certainly not blue hair!!!! Oh, the horror! My avatar is making me seem a bit hypocritical here...

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 7:48 pm
I don't think its very nice to mock women who wear snoods instead of wigs or any woman that is trying to upgrade in tznius etc...
Why is it always ok to mock those that try to improve in modesty yet if one dares to say a word about immodest dress or head coverings then that's judgemental??

yksraya

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 7:50 pm
blueberry6 wrote:
Everyone should have the same color hair so no one should stand out - dark brown is best. Blonde or any shade of red or even light brown is too attractive, so any girl with anyof these natural hair colors needs to either dye her hair or wear a wig. And of course, it goes without saying that nothing should be longer than chin length.
haha but they need to cover with a tichel anyway, hair just may not be seen, ever!

yksraya

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 7:51 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I don't think its very nice to mock women who wear snoods instead of wigs or any woman that is trying to upgrade in tznius etc...
Why is it always ok to mock those that try to improve in modesty yet if one dares to say a word about immodest dress or head coverings then that's judgemental??

No one is mocking snoods. This is a fun thread to say ridiculous stuff.

shanie5

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 7:53 pm
Girls must dorm. They may never see their brothers. If they do, it may make them realize that there are other brothers (boys) out there-and who knows where those thoughts may lead?!?!?!

Genius

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 7:59 pm
Girls should whisper only. According to some poskim, the kol of an isha should never be used.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 8:00 pm
It's ridiculous for teachers to wear snoods or tichels?
That sounds pretty mocking to me
Even said in jest the judgement is apparent...

And this is something very admirable!
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics