Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Weekly menu

RW

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 9:43 am
Does anyone have a menu that they stick to with really yummy and easy recipes? I've been having a hard time coming up with dinner options and I'm out of ideas. I'm getting sick of constantly making the same things. Anyone care to share their weeknight dinner ideas? Thanks!

DREAMING

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 11:41 pm
I don’t have a set menu but generally it’s chicken on the bone 2x a week, cutlets, ground meat, dairy once each ( the other night it’s Shabbos leftovers or sandwich )

tichellady

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 12:27 am
I don’t have a weekly menu but we have a bunch of themes- usually one night is spinach dairy ( we have spinach lasagna or quiche), one night is fish or beef (fish tacos or salmon, or arayes or beef tacos), soy one night- ( tofu stir fry, soy beef tacos or meatballs, pad Thai), pizza or pasta one night ( homemade pizza, broccoli with shells and Parmesan, Mac and cheese), vegan one night- a lentil or quinoa dish with lots of roasted veggies etc

I make one soup a week and we eat it until it’s done and every dinner usually have a salad or veggie side unless I have no time ( typically Israeli salad, roasted broccoli, or spinach salad).

chanchy123

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 12:30 am
tichellady wrote:
I don’t have a weekly menu but we have a bunch of themes- usually one night is spinach dairy ( we have spinach lasagna or quiche), one night is fish or beef (fish tacos or salmon, or arayes or beef tacos), soy one night- ( tofu stir fry, soy beef tacos or meatballs, pad Thai), pizza or pasta one night ( homemade pizza, broccoli with shells and Parmesan, Mac and cheese), vegan one night- a lentil or quinoa dish with lots of roasted veggies etc

I make one soup a week and we eat it until it’s done and every dinner usually have a salad or veggie side unless I have no time ( typically Israeli salad, roasted broccoli, or spinach salad).

Sounds delicious.

TravelHearter

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 1:17 am
How about doing two nights chicken (plenty of simple recipes lmk if you want some), one cutlets (schnitzel, grilled chicken pita, chicken stir fry), one meat/chopped beef (burgers, meatballs, shepherds pie), one dairy (lasagna, homemade pizza, dairy onion soup w garlic bread if that’s filling, paninis, eggplant parmesan) and then you can do sun night leftovers

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 1:22 am
What are some dishes that your family enjoys? We can try to help you come up with a 2 week plan.

Conscience

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:00 am
Here's a basic one I stick to:

Sunday- leftover/ easy supper (read: frozen pizza, tuna, eggs...)
Monday- Chicken cutlets (Shnitzel Israelis)
Tuesday- Fresh Soup- I make a big pot freeze the rest in containers and use the other days
Ground Chicken/beef (patties, sloppy joe, meatloaf...)
Wednesday -Dairy (eggs, pasta, pizza, fish, quiche...)Sometimes I make a fresh soup on Wednesdays too
Thursday- If I'm in the mood I make a proper dinner the main usually chicken cutlets again (in Israel they are cheaper than on the bone so I tend to stick to them especially since DH likes them better) or it's Shabbos food that I'm cooking anyway.

Next to each main there's always a veggie such as fresh salad, roasted veggies, broccoli, spinach etc. and carb pasta, potatoes, orzo, rice, quinoa...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus