Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
What is the kugel blade?
1  2  Next

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 10:59 pm
What are the different blades/attachments on the food processor? I can't figure out what is meant by the S blade, kugel blade, grater blade etc.

shani1

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 11:22 pm
I would like to know too.
never made kugel yet
can someone post a pic?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 11:22 pm
The kugel blade is marked with an e.
https://www.ereplacementparts......D_BwE

The S blade is the one that looks like a knife in the shape of an S.
Swipe the picture for the 360 view.

challahchallah

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 12:41 am
The grater blade looks like a disc with holes in it.

https://www.cuisinart.com/shop.....13rsd

But the exact details of what each look like depends on type of food processor. What brand / model do you have?

mommy1and3

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 12:44 am
So I had the Braun processor till now unfortunately my kids broke it , have to get a new one, I can’t decide if it’s worth it too spend on the Braun processor again... hope I’m not hijacking the thread just thought maybe someone has experience with different brands

Sprinkles1

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 12:54 am
ra_mom wrote:
The kugel blade is marked with an e.

The S blade is the one that looks like a knife in the shape of an S.
Swipe the picture for the 360 view.

And I use the S blade for kugel. Many people do.

challahchallah

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 12:55 am
mommy1and3 wrote:
So I had the Braun processor till now unfortunately my kids broke it , have to get a new one, I can’t decide if it’s worth it too spend on the Braun processor again... hope I’m not hijacking the thread just thought maybe someone has experience with different brands

I have never owned a Braun so can’t tell you about that, but I have had three other brands. I was very happy with my old cuisinart, but when someone “borrowed” it long term I ended up going with a Breville based on reviews of the newer models. The Breville is great, a true workhorse, but a bit of a pain to clean. I got an inexpensive Hamilton Beach for Passover and burned out the motor after just a few days, so I would definitely steer clear of those.

mommy1and3

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 1:03 am
challahchallah wrote:
I have never owned a Braun so can’t tell you about that, but I have had three other brands. I was very happy with my old cuisinart, but when someone “borrowed” it long term I ended up going with a Breville based on reviews of the newer models. The Breville is great, a true workhorse, but a bit of a pain to clean. I got an inexpensive Hamilton Beach for Passover and burned out the motor after just a few days, so I would definitely steer clear of those.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I’m thinking then maybe it is worthwhile to spend on the Braun I used mine for 17 years BH till my son dropped it, so I definitely had good use of it.

challahchallah

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 1:09 am
mommy1and3 wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I’m thinking then maybe it is worthwhile to spend on the Braun I used mine for 17 years BH till my son dropped it, so I definitely had good use of it.

I definitely feel like a high quality food processor is worth it if you can swing it. I’d read reviews to make sure the Braun is still making such high quality machines since it is an investment. Assuming it is, go for it. 17 years is a great lifespan for an appliance!

Sprinkles1

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 1:22 am
challahchallah wrote:
I definitely feel like a high quality food processor is worth it if you can swing it. I’d read reviews to make sure the Braun is still making such high quality machines since it is an investment. Assuming it is, go for it. 17 years is a great lifespan for an appliance!

Before I got my Braun, I had a cheap one (maybe HB, or some other one) and it lasted 12 years. Go figure.

challahchallah

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 1:28 am
Sprinkles1 wrote:
Before I got my Braun, I had a cheap one (maybe HB, or some other one) and it lasted 12 years. Go figure.

It probably depends on what you use it for. If you don’t do anything that needs a lot of torque, you won’t stall out the motor and smoke it. Also, quality control on the cheaper ones isn’t as good, so some units might be fine while others may have a manufacturing defect.

Raisin

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 3:41 am
braun is definitely worth it.

Not impressed with the kugel blade but I have my own method to make kugel (grate half blend half) which works well.

mommy1and3

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 7:27 am
Ok seems like Braun it will be! Do they ever go on sale? Even slightly discounted?

angelgirl

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 8:11 am
Is this the same as the kugel blade?

I have a magimix- they sell it as a Parmesan grater, but to me it looks the same.

https://www.magimix-spares.co......0.JPG

watergirl

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 8:14 am
I thought "kugel blade" was just the heimish way to say "s blade"?

I make my potato kugel with a safety grater and do it by hand. Its the only way my family likes it. I tried in my machine and we could all really tell the difference.

challahchallah wrote:

What do you use it for, other than potato kugel? I take my food processor out maybe 2 or 3 times a year.

Last edited by watergirl on Tue, Dec 08 2020, 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 8:15 am
So, it sounds like this is just what the rest of the world calls "the grater disc" or "the shredder". I kept thinking it was some kind of specialized attachment designed for the frum market.

Why do we have to give it a different name? Scratching Head

Raisin

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 8:36 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
So, it sounds like this is just what the rest of the world calls "the grater disc" or "the shredder". I kept thinking it was some kind of specialized attachment designed for the frum market.

Why do we have to give it a different name? Scratching Head

No its not, there are shredder blades in addition. My magimix (lasted really well but very heavy and doesn't process as well as the braun) comes with 2 sized shredder blades but no kugel (I guess aka) parmesan blade. I do use the shredder blade to make kugel, but I blend about half the mixture too with the onions to get a really great texture.

My pesach braun has the kugel blade as well as 2 shredder blades and slicing blade and some others but like I said, I prefer my method.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 8:41 am
Raisin wrote:
No its not, there are shredder blades in addition. My magimix (lasted really well but very heavy and doesn't process as well as the braun) comes with 2 sized shredder blades but no kugel (I guess aka) parmesan blade. I do use the shredder blade to make kugel, but I blend about half the mixture too with the onions to get a really great texture.

My pesach braun has the kugel blade as well as 2 shredder blades and slicing blade and some others but like I said, I prefer my method.

If I called up the manufacturers and asked for a "kugel blade", would they have any idea what I was talking about?

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 9:11 am
watergirl wrote:
I thought "kugel blade" was just the heimish way to say "s blade"?

I make my potato kugel with a safety grater and do it by hand. Its the only way my family likes it. I tried in my machine and we could all really tell the difference.

What do you use it for, other than potato kugel? I take my food processor out maybe 2 or 3 times a year.

Besides making kugel and latkes more than a few times a year, I also blend solids from soups. (Yeah, get an immersion blender. For some reason I didn't have mazel with it.) I also grind oatmeal, and in a pinch, matzah for kneidlach. If I have a lot of stuff to slice, I'll use the slicer too sometimes.

angelgirl

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 9:39 am
Raisin wrote:

So do I understand correctly that the Parmesan blade is the same as the ‘kugel blade’?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes