Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Wah! Bye bye Ikea catalog

southernbubby

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 8:24 pm
Sad
I am going to miss it! Unlike decorating magazines for the rich, whose homes are like sterile museums, the Ikea catalog featured messy people who have lots of cheap junk. I didn't even get to go to IKEA to get the 2021 catalog because it's quite a hike from Monsey but I still have from other years, full of middle class people trying to live in small apartments. Who will create a culture of normal for the masses when Ikea stops?
How are we going to figure out how to arrange our abundance (BH) of stuff? Any ideas? Anyone else who looks up Ikea hacks or uses them for inspiration to get organized?

Amarante

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 8:34 pm
There is so much online and it’s much easier to save good ideas.

When I was remodeling, I spent hours on the internet and I downloaded anything I liked to my computer and it was so much more accessible when I wanted to access it versus paper files.

I just tossed a load of paper catalogues and thought what a waste of paper and then I have to bag it up to toss. The irony was that I had gotten a catalogue for Candy and had just finished ordering presents from their website.

Malkqueen

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 8:40 pm
Please clarify:

IKEA is closing down, or they're discontinuing their magazine?

Amarante

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 8:45 pm
Catalog is going all digital. Content will be available on line and have enhanced features.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars