Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Do you send a platter after closing on a house?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 6:01 am
Did you send anything to your real estate attorney & lender after closing on a house?

WHO did you send a nice platter to and what did you send ?

Is it weird to send a box of donuts to attorney's office after we close??

I want to hear what people do that's normal!!!

thanks!

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 6:06 am
I was just wondering the same thing. My initial thought is they get paid enough that you don’t have too but if you have someone who went above and beyond then I would.

Genius

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 6:16 am
notshanarishona wrote:
I was just wondering the same thing. My initial thought is they get paid enough that you don’t have too but if you have someone who went above and beyond then I would.

Yep. They should probably send you a platter. Ironically mine sent me one.🤫

amother
Black

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 6:23 am
I work for a mortgage broker and sometimes we would get a thank you from our clients after closing. It was always so thoughtful and appreciated.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 6:27 am
Genius wrote:
Yep. They should probably send you a platter. Ironically mine sent me one.🤫

lol

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 6:28 am
I received a gift from my real estate agent and from my mortgage broker after we closed. We didn’t gift anyone.

watergirl

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 6:38 am
You do not gift your agent or lawyer or whatever. They made a lot off their work for you. Like others have said, it is more common for the agent to gift YOU. The way I thank my agent for his hard work for us is by passing on his name and his card often. And when someone I referred to him closes on a house, he brings me a $100 gift card to target.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 6:42 am
Our agent gave us a gift card to a kosher takeout near our new house. She said she does so for all her clients to give them a little welcome.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 6:45 am
My husband is a real estate attorney and he often gets small gifts after doing closings. Often this is because there were difficulties in the process that he helped negotiate. It's not expected, though.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 9:45 am
It's not expected however always appreciated! They do make money however also put in hard work.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 9:49 am
Generally, you don't tip a professional. Lawyers, doctors and accountants don't get tips. You tip a service provider - hairdresser, trash collector, waiter/waitress, cab driver etc.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 10:18 am
My realtor and mortgage broker gave us a gift. We tipped ($$$) the title closer. We gave a small gift to one of the lawyers at the closing who went beyond his duties to help us at the table.

My bil is a lawyer and will sometimes gets food gifts from returning clients. I believe they are brought to the table for the closing and then the lawyers take home the extras.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette