Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Pointless Whining and First World Problems
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Zehava

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 2:47 pm
Cookie Monster wrote:
Make sure you have an appointment because if you show up without one you might have a REAL problem.

I will thanks for the heads up!

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 3:27 pm
I only got two pieces of sourdough with my omelet when I went out for lunch today:(

finallyamommy

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 3:37 pm
I don't want sufganiyot, I want American style donuts!

zoom

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 4:21 pm
I havent had one whole donut this whole chanukah!
only bites form my kids ones! and theyv had loads already!!

Or sharing with my husband.
I really think I deserve a whole one already!!

bigsis144

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 4:47 pm
I get terrible indigestion from dairy and fried foods, and I ate them anyway. And now I’ve got indigestion.

Woe is me!!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 4:57 pm
Refuah Shelaima notinshanarishona!

Zehava

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 5:06 pm
That reminds me. I have 8 pounds to lose from COVID and now Chanukah comes along. How

MiriFr

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 5:06 pm
Zehava wrote:
That reminds me. I have 8 pounds to lose from COVID and now Chanukah comes along. How

1 pound per night

MiriFr

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 5:07 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
I get terrible indigestion from dairy and fried foods, and I ate them anyway. And now I’ve got indigestion.

Woe is me!!

Btdt on motzei Shabbos! Pizza, pasta, ice cream, hot cocoa, and labor pains. 10/10 would recommend, though. 🤤

sneakermom

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 5:19 pm
Chanukah vacation after COVID? I thought we put overtime in that department already.

The fancy donuts just don’t do it for me anymore. Nothing special.

Black Friday came and went. Now I have so many returns! Really it’s so hard to rewrap and send back what you don’t want.

My cleaning last just cancelled this morning. No advance notice. Appointment. Hospital. The usual.

Bought some nice bowls from ikea. But who has patience for those stickers underneath each one. A toiveling nightmare!

Chanukah party is called for seven. Kids are starving until then. Two suppers?

Should I send my girls to two separate camps this year? Or is it best they have each other for support?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 5:29 pm
finallyamommy wrote:

SAME! I made it out to the makolet, and all they had was the jelly filled ones. Not a chocolate donut in sight. Sad I refuse to waste my sugar and carb allotment for the week on a donut that I don't like.

On the upside, apparently Hashem hears our whining as well as our prayers. By the time I got myself together and headed to the store, it was just a light drizzle. By the time I was done shopping, the rain had stopped completely. 5 minutes after I got home, it started pouring buckets!

yksraya

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 5:43 pm
MiriFr wrote:
1 pound per night
reverse psychology...with all the donuts and partying...

simcha4

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 9:08 pm
I live in Israel, b'H. When I'm invited to a Chanukah party and the hostess announces that she is bringing in delicious homemade latkes, my mouth starts drooling thinking of delicious fried potato latkes I'm about to sink my teeth in and delight my tastebuds with, and then the hostess strides into the room carrying a tray heaped with ... doughnuts!
I don't understand - the country from where I hail, Chanukah latkes is those yummy, shredded potatoes, fried latkes. Not doughnuts.
And then by the time I (sigh) get a doughnut, it's a caramel one which I don't like. Can't the hostess have the courtesy to ask me which latke, ehhh, doughnut I like. At least if she didn't make potato latkes let me get the jam-filled old fashioned doughnut that I like.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Disclaimer: Sorry, I just had to add the smile emojis at the end of my vent. I read my vent and it sounds so strange to me b/c I'm not like the person in the vent. I don't complain or grouch over these issues esp. if someone was kind enough to invite me to a Chanukah party. I prefer to enjoy and join the festive mood and am appreciative and like doling out compliments. (humbly said.)
But I do still have an issue with potato latkes v. doughnut "latkes". Very Happy

youngishbear

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 9:10 pm
Too. Many. Toys.

simcha4

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 9:11 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
I only got two pieces of sourdough with my omelet when I went out for lunch today:(

Well, I haven't been out for lunch in years, so be happy that you did go and thankful for what you got! Wink

tigerwife

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 9:15 pm
I want good food but I have no ingredients and I hate going to the grocery. And takeout isn’t amazing. Plus I don’t actually feel like cooking. Sigh. Anyone want to cook something for me?

simcha4

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 9:17 pm
zoom wrote:
I havent had one whole donut this whole chanukah!
only bites form my kids ones! and theyv had loads already!!

Or sharing with my husband.
I really think I deserve a whole one already!!

or one with a hole in it. wholly enjoy it on this holy Yom Tov Chanukah.

Stars

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 9:18 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Too. Many. Toys.

THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

why cant people think for a second before they buy MORE toys for my kids who have everything they want and need and no room for more?

I did do a major purging this week though Hooray

imorethanamother

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 9:21 pm
finallyamommy wrote:

And here I am crying that I can't have Roladin donuts this year. You can have all these dumb American donuts!

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 9:23 pm
I’m tired, hungry, thirsty and LAZY and too serious right now to share my real first world problems...
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics