Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Stroller help... again! Bugaboo vs vista
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 12:20 pm
Here comes another stroller thread about uppababy vista vs. bugaboo fox Can't Believe It

I kid you not that I have read every thread under the stroller section on this website! Expecting my first, dont have any sisters/sister in laws to ask .... so I am still looking for advice/opinions... Smile Can you tell I am so indecisive?

Dh and I went to buy buy baby to try them out but they didnt have a bugaboo on floor for us to try so that trip wasnt helpful.

I live in NY, and use a car to get around. I want something that can push nicely through snow if necessary.

Some of my friends have the chameleon but I understand the newest model is the fox2. I heard the uppababy vista is great bc of the storage basket underneath, and its great if I have two kids close in age so I can have them seated one on top of the other (how am I supposed to know if Ill have two kids close in age?). My friend told me she didnt like that option bc she found it to be extremely bulky/and its 5 lbs heavier than bugaboo. The vista looks huge to me but again I dont know the first thing about strollers or kids so I dont know what people with two kids do.

Now my q is, for ladies that do have a bugaboo, what do you do with your second baby if the bugaboo doesnt have a rumble seat option?

What are the major differences between the two strollers?

Also, we might be moving to e"y soon, not sure if that makes a difference in the answer....

We are not limited by price as we view this as an investment for future children iyH.

Thank you!

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 12:29 pm
I’m a huge bugaboo fan. Most people on this site are uppa baby fans (based on reading many threads on this topic) I will point out that the same stroller will not be functional in the car the snow and a plane ride to Israel. There are going to come times when ur cursing out the stroller you chose if u expect it to do all this things well. The fox and the vista both are very big for travel. It works best for a person who’s primary use for the stroller is around the neighborhood or walkable shopping etc...

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 12:30 pm
There are other options. Have you looked into the Cybex Priam?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 12:42 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
There are other options. Have you looked into the Cybex Priam?

I am very indecisive, I cant add another stroller into the mix. We narrowed it down to these two

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 12:43 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
I’m a huge bugaboo fan. Most people on this site are uppa baby fans (based on reading many threads on this topic) I will point out that the same stroller will not be functional in the car the snow and a plane ride to Israel. There are going to come times when ur cursing out the stroller you chose if u expect it to do all this things well. The fox and the vista both are very big for travel. It works best for a person who’s primary use for the stroller is around the neighborhood or walkable shopping etc...

Youre right! So how does bugaboo work for people with two kids if theres no rumble seat addition?

tweety1

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 12:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Youre right! So how does bugaboo work for people with two kids if theres no rumble seat addition?

Another huge bugaboo fan here. Check out the donkey. Perfect for 2 kids.
I have the buffalo-the single donkey. I love love love it. Yes it's big. But when I went shopping for a carriage my 3 must haves were 1. Fully reclining 2. Big basket underneath 3. Great for snow-cuz I walk alot. It's the best carriage for snow. Even for those huge corner pileups it's really not difficult to maneuver.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 12:58 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Another huge bugaboo fan here. Check out the donkey. Perfect for 2 kids.
I have the buffalo-the single donkey. I love love love it. Yes it's big. But when I went shopping for a carriage my 3 must haves were 1. Fully reclining 2. Big basket underneath 3. Great for snow-cuz I walk alot. It's the best carriage for snow. Even for those huge corner pileups it's really not difficult to maneuver.

Why would I get the donkey now if Im only having 1 baby?

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 1:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am very indecisive, I cant add another stroller into the mix. We narrowed it down to these two

I don’t want to be annoying, but I was set on the fox2 until someone here recommended the priam. I ended up going with that and am so happy and relieved I did not go with the bugaboo! Sorry to confuse you more!

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 1:03 pm
That being said, whichever you choose, at least with the Fox and priam (I did not look into uppababy), these are not car strollers. I would recommend getting a second lightweight travel stroller.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 1:03 pm
I also just got the Priam

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 1:09 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
That being said, whichever you choose, at least with the Fox and priam (I did not look into uppababy), these are not car strollers. I would recommend getting a second lightweight travel stroller.

What do you like about the priam?
Im getting the doona as a carseat. It works for my lifestyle b/c baby will be in and out of car 3x a day for babysitter etc

So people have a stroller, a carseat, and a travel stroller? yikes lol

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 1:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What do you like about the priam?
Im getting the doona as a carseat. It works for my lifestyle b/c baby will be in and out of car 3x a day for babysitter etc

So people have a stroller, a carseat, and a travel stroller? yikes lol

You can get a midsize stroller that works better for car and is still more sturdy than a travel stroller. But a full size like fox or priam is really bulky for a car. I didn’t get a doona - bought a carseat and use the yoyo frame for the car seat wheels.

I think the priam is much nicer looking than the bugaboo. It doesn’t compare. Features wise they were so similar, so it was the look that made me go with the priam. I also like that it’s unique (at least for now). So many people have the bugaboo.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 1:27 pm
I got the cameleon (8 years ago and still perfect) because it is fully washable and very light. Those were two big factors for me. We don’t get much snow where I am so I couldn’t tell you if it’s good in the snow, but bH been so happy with it.

Bugaboo has a buggy board with a seat which I would use for a child 2.5/3.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 1:33 pm
I got the uppababy cruz, and I keep the car seat in my car. I had the adapters to attach the car seat to my stroller for when I didn't want to take another piece.
I loved the big basket and it wheeled fantastic.
Some friends of mine just got the smaller cybex and love it.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 1:36 pm
If your oldest is already a few years old you can use a buggy board. I personally hate them but not everyone does.

Otherwise you will need to get a double stroller and the single stroller will start collecting dust lol.

tweety1

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 1:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Why would I get the donkey now if Im only having 1 baby?

I mentioned the donkey because you asked abt 2 kids. So I just answered your question. Sorry didn't mean to confuse or go in the wrong direction. For one baby the lynx is probably your best bet. I have a feeling that the fox will soon be discontinued. The lynx is the same as the fox but folds much better.

Last edited by tweety1 on Mon, Dec 14 2020, 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

tweety1

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 1:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

This is the question I answered.

tweety1

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 1:40 pm
Op, the donkey can totally be used as a single as well btw.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 1:44 pm
I had the bugaboo chameleon, bugaboo donkey, and now have the Cruz V2. (I sold both of my bugaboo strollers when my kids no longer needed to be in strollers, and just got the Cruz now for my newest baby.) these are all super impractical for the car. I have the citi mini gt double and citi mini single which I use for car strollers (obv depending on whether I need a single or double at the time). I got the bugaboo strollers because of the “status” but I’m really enjoying the larger basket of the Cruz. The riding board is terrible - the bugaboo riding board was much better. I don’t see that much of a difference in the way they push. I don’t think you can go wrong with whatever you choose.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 1:45 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I mentioned the donkey because you asked abt 2 kids. So I just answered your question. Sorry didn't mean to confuse or go in the wrong direction. For one baby the lynx is probably your best bet. I have a feeling that the fox will soon be discontinued. The lynx is the same as the fox but folds much better.

(I asked about 2 kids bc my mind overthinks everything and Im thinking about future kids already lol)

I never heard of the lynx!! Oh gosh. I just googled it, the bassinet option comes separate?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics