Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Stroller help... again! Bugaboo vs vista
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 1:47 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
I had the bugaboo chameleon, bugaboo donkey, and now have the Cruz V2. (I sold both of my bugaboo strollers when my kids no longer needed to be in strollers, and just got the Cruz now for my newest baby.) these are all super impractical for the car. I have the citi mini gt double and citi mini single which I use for car strollers (obv depending on whether I need a single or double at the time). I got the bugaboo strollers because of the “status” but I’m really enjoying the larger basket of the Cruz. The riding board is terrible - the bugaboo riding board was much better. I don’t see that much of a difference in the way they push. I don’t think you can go wrong with whatever you choose.

Can a newborn go in a citi mini single or citi mini gt double? When do you use your bigger stroller vs the citi mini?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 1:49 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I got the cameleon (8 years ago and still perfect) because it is fully washable and very light. Those were two big factors for me. We don’t get much snow where I am so I couldn’t tell you if it’s good in the snow, but bH been so happy with it.

Bugaboo has a buggy board with a seat which I would use for a child 2.5/3.

so the buggy board is like a mini skateboard? a baby thats 2.5 doesnt have an option to sit in a chair?

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 2:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can a newborn go in a citi mini single or citi mini gt double? When do you use your bigger stroller vs the citi mini?

I have a snap n go for the newborn. I use the bigger stroller for neighborhood walks.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 2:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The city mini seat does lie flat so a newborn can be put in it, unlike the bugaboo or uppababy which is a 'bucket' seat. There is also the option for adding a bassinet or car seat to have the baby facing you and more cosy than the seat. The city mini will last for longer than the bugaboo or uppababy-a 5 year old can fit in that seat. The fold is also much neater and smaller.

Uppababy/bugaboo will look gorgeous as you push your newborn in the bassinet. The push will be great and it will roll smoothly along most surfaces. However, after a short while you will start complaining about the fold being difficult and tricky. It being really big when folded-can't fit anything else in the trunk, and the bassinet still has to go on the back seat! Then you will think twice about taking the car as you can't fit the stroller in. Then after a while longer you will buy a city mini or similar easy stroller, and the gorgeous stroller that you paid thousands (or not much change) of dollars will sit there gathering dust.
That in my experience is what most people do.

tweety1

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 2:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The Citi mini series is more like a travel than a regular carriage. I had it and that's what I found. In regards to the poster who mentioned the bugaboo board, it's fantastic. It comes with a seat so the child can sit too. I love it. I had 2 other companies and the bugaboo is so much better. Its only con is that it's only compatible with a bugaboo carriage.

sari00

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 2:51 pm
I actually got the bugaboo donkey for my first, start as a single carriage turn into double stroller... the baby store recommended bugaboo over uppa baby

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 2:55 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
The city mini seat does lie flat so a newborn can be put in it, unlike the bugaboo or uppababy which is a 'bucket' seat. There is also the option for adding a bassinet or car seat to have the baby facing you and more cosy than the seat. The city mini will last for longer than the bugaboo or uppababy-a 5 year old can fit in that seat. The fold is also much neater and smaller.

Uppababy/bugaboo will look gorgeous as you push your newborn in the bassinet. The push will be great and it will roll smoothly along most surfaces. However, after a short while you will start complaining about the fold being difficult and tricky. It being really big when folded-can't fit anything else in the trunk, and the bassinet still has to go on the back seat! Then you will think twice about taking the car as you can't fit the stroller in. Then after a while longer you will buy a city mini or similar easy stroller, and the gorgeous stroller that you paid thousands (or not much change) of dollars will sit there gathering dust.

My bugaboo going strong for 7 years of back to back babies.... still love it so much!

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 3:15 pm
I’m a big Uppababy fan. The vista can accommodate up to 3 kids but it’s also great as a single. If you have a doona and an Uppababy you don’t need a travel stroller until later.

IMHO Bugaboo is kind of not fashionable these days.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 3:39 pm
I have the Vista and love it. I use the bassinet for my newborns to nap in and use it as a double too. The only thing is folding it is annoying. If you’re going to use it to walk around then it’s great. Also, you don’t need a travel stroller until your baby outgrows the doona unless he/she hates it. I think many people have a hard time making a decision about strollers.
Good Luck!

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 3:42 pm
This is so so overwhelming. Like information overload! I'm also expecting for my first baby..

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 7:18 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:

It was so funny for me to read this because I used the Cruz every day for over 3 years (with the same baby, I just walk far distances so I use my strollers even when my child is 3). I also travel a lot and used it in and out of the car, and on the plane a few times. I would definitely get it again I'm just bored of it.

tweety1

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 7:32 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
My bugaboo going strong for 7 years of back to back babies.... still love it so much!

Mine isn't 7 but 5 1/2. Looks like I bought it today. Back to back babies. Stroller and bassinet. I bought mine as recommended by a babysitter. Not mine but a good friend who is one. She wheels, bumps up carriages a big flight of stairs all the time. She knows all carriages, travel and regular. When I told what I'm looking for in a carriage she told me to get the bugaboo.

Einikel

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 7:36 pm
newima wrote:
I actually got the bugaboo donkey for my first, start as a single carriage turn into double stroller... the baby store recommended bugaboo over uppa baby

I personally don’t go for the look of the donkey as a single.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 8:09 pm
My bugaboo is also lasting really well and in great shape. I found that I prefer the Bee over the cameleon so that’s what I’m using now. To me less is more. Even thou the wheels are smaller so I don’t get the super smooth push, it fills the purpose of a great stroller for outdoors, fits well in my house and isn’t too huge and bulky and goes nicely in the car. I also love the bassinet on it. It took me 7 years of marriage and 3 kids to figure out what I like best.
I also realized that I don’t love double strollers.. but my closest kids are 2.5 years apart and I didn’t leave the house after my 2nd for months cuz it was November when I gave birth. I did buy a double but it’s been used infrequently and is mostly in the attic. I take it out for airports or theme parks which are a very rare occurrence...

OP- everyone is diff. Everyone makes mistakes. Go with wtvr u like the look of best. Bugaboos really hold their value. If u regret it u can always sell (keep it in pristine condition!!!!) it also washes very well in the machine ...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 12:12 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
This is so so overwhelming. Like information overload! I'm also expecting for my first baby..

tell me about it! have you narrowed down your choices?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 12:13 am
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
My bugaboo is also lasting really well and in great shape. I found that I prefer the Bee over the cameleon so that’s what I’m using now. To me less is more. Even thou the wheels are smaller so I don’t get the super smooth push, it fills the purpose of a great stroller for outdoors, fits well in my house and isn’t too huge and bulky and goes nicely in the car. I also love the bassinet on it. It took me 7 years of marriage and 3 kids to figure out what I like best.
I also realized that I don’t love double strollers.. but my closest kids are 2.5 years apart and I didn’t leave the house after my 2nd for months cuz it was November when I gave birth. I did buy a double but it’s been used infrequently and is mostly in the attic. I take it out for airports or theme parks which are a very rare occurrence...

OP- everyone is diff. Everyone makes mistakes. Go with wtvr u like the look of best. Bugaboos really hold their value. If u regret it u can always sell (keep it in pristine condition!!!!) it also washes very well in the machine ...

I thought the bee doesnt have a bassinet option and its more of a travel stroller?

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 12:30 am
I’m planning to get the uppa baby I had it for my last 4 I loved it pushed amazing in all types of weather. I’m totally not impressed with bugaboo also for someone tall it’s a low steoller

tweety1

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 12:59 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
I’m planning to get the uppa baby I had it for my last 4 I loved it pushed amazing in all types of weather. I’m totally not impressed with bugaboo also for someone tall it’s a low steoller

The bugaboos have an adjustable handle.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 1:05 am
tweety1 wrote:
The bugaboos have an adjustable handle.

For a tall person it’s still short and baby is lower down in butaboo

polished

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 1:22 am
I am a massive bugaboo fan. I have a fox and I love it.
However you say you use a car a lot. The fox does not fold so well and takes a lot of room in the boot.
I would advise getting the new bugaboo bee 6... much more compact and made for the city. Also it may mean you don’t need to go out and buy a yo yo or a specific travel stroller one day.

I can not speak for vista as I have never had one... I see my neighbours with them (Israel land of babies). They seem pretty heavy to me compared to bugaboo
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics