Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Shalach Manos in Israel

AGINY

Post Sat, Mar 01 2008, 5:34 pm
I want to send shalach manos to a few relatives in Israel. All of the American places that do it are very expensive. Is there an organization or even a store in Israel that will ship / deliver shalach manos that I can contact? A phone number or web site would be great.

Thanks so much!!

HooRYou

Post Sat, Mar 01 2008, 11:59 pm
try http://www.flyacake.com/. There are lots fo other companies, but I used to work for this one and I know they are really nice people. I can't say they are the cheapest though.

Just curious, why don't you just package and ship your own package? That is what I want to do for the people I want to send to in the US,.

e1234

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 12:06 am
I would also recommend
http://www.thekosherbasket.co.il/purim.asp

AGINY

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 5:44 am
Thanks for the replies!

Tamiri

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 6:04 am
Instead of sending (yet another) a basket, why not give a donation to an Israeli cause and have them send a card to the relatives?
Or, buy a basket from a cause so at least you know part of the proceeds benefit tzedaka here?

AGINY

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 6:17 am
What are the causes that sell baskets?

Tamiri

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 6:27 am
I have none offhand, but if you do an internet search I am sure you can come up with something (I found baskets to Sderot with one click - you want the proceeds to tzedaka so that may be two clicks)

AGINY

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 7:11 am
I actually want to send a shalach manos, not a gift card saying tzedokah was given. Both of the relatives have no-one in Israel and the Shalach manos I send will be one of the only ones they receive. Their kids look forward to it all year.

hila

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 7:38 am
Where are the relatives ? maybe an imamother can buy and deliver if they are near her.
I would do it in Efrat .

flowerpower

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 8:01 am
I send every year to my friend in israel. every year I try a new place. how much do u want to spend on each one?

catonmylap

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 11:46 pm
http://www.magicalmomentsisrael.com/

Bored

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 12:09 am
holylandcakes.com

AGINY

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 6:29 am
Thanks so much everyone for your help, and Hila, that was really sweet of you to offer to deliver. The funniest thing is that the company I ordered from last year, and tried desparately to locate online, called me at home last night to ask if I want to re-order. Their website is www.purimanos.com.

Thanks again everyone!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics