Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
What NES do you want to thank HaShem for This Chanukah?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 10:35 am
For sending me messengers to care for me, love me, and finally help me heal. A few years ago I thought my whole family would collapse, that I couldnt stay married, care for my kids. I never imagined I could be this ok.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 10:39 am
That against all odds, I’m happily married. A real nes:)

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 11:44 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
That against all odds, I’m happily married. A real nes:)

Same. And that I was zoche to be a mother.

princessleah

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 11:48 am
I am thankful that everyone in my family is healthy B"H.
I believe that the Covid vaccine is a Nes and I am so appreciative.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 11:49 am
Thank you Hashem!

For handing me the Get after waiting quite some years. Clearly yad Hashem.

After worrying excessively for a long time about something with DC, Covid and quarantine made the problem fall away completely.

For the healing magical peace He bestowed upon most of my kids and me.

For providing money so I can pay utilities (after years of needing tzedakah for this)

For giving me a really pleasant, nice, warm/cool home with running water. Plus amazing neighbors. Something I learned to appreciate.

Tons of siyata dishmaya. Numerous things that fell in place somehow without much energy from my part.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 11:51 am
My 5 1/2 week old baby was suspected to have biliary atresia. The drama started on Chanukah last yr. Baby is bh 13 month old and healthy, yummy and delicious. It turned out to be neonatal hepatitis from an immature liver which bh resolved on its own over time.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 12:19 pm
Thank you HaShem that my husband agreed to take Anti anxiety & depression medication.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 12:31 pm
When my oldest was 6, we were told that his learning differences were so great that he might never learn to read. He graduated from a prestigious college this year with a dual degree.

momof2+?

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 1:10 pm
Wow, I am so inspired by this thread, I am tearing up. Thank you OP for starting this thread!

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 1:15 pm
The parking spots I found yesterday and the day before so close to home.
For an incredible marriage.
For the daily parnasa nissim and for feeling so healthy and energetic of late!

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 1:27 pm
That I kept Shabbos this Shabbos.

I keep shabbos. I've been going through something very hard, and sometimes it's very hard not to pick up my phone in the privacy of my bedroom and play a game, etc. to get some distraction on Shabbos these days.

And I was really tempted to do some things that would break Shabbos this past Shabbos, but BH I didn't. I don't know what will happen next Shabbos, or the one after etc, but bh I didn't break this time.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 1:44 pm
That my marriage seems to be improving , with Hashem’s help. Last year this time , I was seriously considering divorce.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 1:51 pm
Thank you hashem that my mother survived covid. She's over 80 and was in hospital in may. BH she's now fine fine fine bih.
Bchasdei hashem we are paying bills don't know how as we took a covid hit. But bh we seem to get thru month by month.
My gorgeous kids feel as close to hkbh as my husband and I do....and are healthy bih and happy.
Thank you hashem for giving me the koach to deal each day with my very very full plate. BH
May hashem bentch us all with continued nissim.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 2:13 pm
My whole family is in quarantine. Some adult kids in their homes.
We got tested in order to travel for chanukah vacation and one kid tested positive.
So instead of vacationing we are quarantining.
I was annoyed to say the least.
Tonight we did a zoom hadlakat neirot with my kids and my parents.
Sitting next to my loving husband, I looked at my beautiful children, all healthy and thriving BH.
My physically and mentally healthy parents.
My incredible new grandchild.
שהחיינו וקיימנו והגעינו לזמן הזה.
Thank you thank you thank you Hashem!!!!

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 2:17 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
That I kept Shabbos this Shabbos.

I keep shabbos. I've been going through something very hard, and sometimes it's very hard not to pick up my phone in the privacy of my bedroom and play a game, etc. to get some distraction on Shabbos these days.

And I was really tempted to do some things that would break Shabbos this past Shabbos, but BH I didn't. I don't know what will happen next Shabbos, or the one after etc, but bh I didn't break this time.

Unsolicited Tip (sorry) if you are the lazy type is to leave your phone in the basement or top shelf of the cupboard so it's just not worth getting up to go get it.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 2:22 pm
For my miracle child conceived with the help of donor embryo (and for the donors!) That was awaited many many years and at the time I already thought being to old and unable to do any more treatments. For how perfectly child fits in our family even though we are "not related" this match clearly was chosen perfectly for dc and us!

zaq

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 3:26 pm
That the COVID pandemic held off till we had the technology for many people to work remotely and for people to connect personally via platforms such as Zoom and Facetime. Can you imagine the pandemic without them? However, this may be less in the realm of miracles than in the realm of Hashem sending the cure before the makkah.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 3:26 pm
Right before Covid hit, I posted on this site asking advice about my marriage issues. I thought we might divorce and was hoping therapy would help.
Well our therapy appointment didn't happen because we were put into quarantine and we didn't want to start over Zoom.
B"H quarantine was actually really good for us as a couple and for our family in general and things are doing so much better now!
#TYH

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 6:34 pm
That we have money to pay for the doctors and medication I need right now. I didn't anticipate these extra expenses and even though y'know covid, bh we are not in debt and can afford it.

LovetoLive

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 6:55 pm
That my 4 year old is safe and unhurt after sticking a keychain on a plug and plugging it in.

There was a small explosion and fire. The fuse blew and the plug turned black. But BH BH that was it. My little boy had soot on his fingers but wasn’t burned or hurt. BH. Thank you Hashem.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics