Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
What is your Candlestick/Candelabra set up?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 2:41 pm
I currently light 10 candles and am being gifted new candlesticks. I was thinking of a candelabra, but I don't know about having so many arms. I also really love the idea of two main candlesticks. I don't think my current arrangement will work with the new ones, and also I never liked the candlesticks I have, so I didn't mind them being blocked by the shorter ones, but now that I'm getting ones I'll love, I want to be able to see them. What is your set up if you have several children? Can you share a picture?

Classicookie

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 2:54 pm
I personally would choose a candelabra over many but that's just me I think it's a neater look I have 2 sticks then a set of 2 and another set of 2 only my bigs ones are silver my outhers are glass

Elfrida

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 3:04 pm
I have a friend who has a candelabra with six arms and two matching candlesticks which she stands just within the circumference of the candelabra so they don't stand out. You could also put them slightly further away, one on each side.

A candelabra and two candlesticks will be more expensive than just a candelabra with more arms, if cost is a consideration.

You could also get two candelabras with five branches if you want them a bit smaller.

Are you likely to have more children? You might want some way of expanding the set if necessary.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 3:26 pm
I have 2 big glass candlesticks, then nice glass tea light holders for the extra candles. I chose holders that matched my candlesticks and it looks neat. I also have the option to buy more holders if and when the family expands without much trouble. I remember my parents having a really expensive silver candelabra that only had 4 or 5 branches. They ran out of space quite fast and it was too expensive to buy another.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 3:56 pm
I have a 5 armed candelabra that was my grandmothers but I light 7 candles so I have another 2 smaller silver candlesticks.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 4:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I currently light 10 candles and am being gifted new candlesticks. I was thinking of a candelabra, but I don't know about having so many arms. I also really love the idea of two main candlesticks. I don't think my current arrangement will work with the new ones, and also I never liked the candlesticks I have, so I didn't mind them being blocked by the shorter ones, but now that I'm getting ones I'll love, I want to be able to see them. What is your set up if you have several children? Can you share a picture?

My relative has 2 identical candelabras that are set up side by side on a beautiful oval tray.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note