Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Online surveys

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 1:53 pm
Does anyone here have experience with online surveys. Can you really make money? Is it worth it? Or just a scam? In home with my baby and looking for a way to make a little extra cash

singleagain

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 1:59 pm
If you mean like Google surveys or something my dad does it He earned sometimes pennies but he eventually uses it to purchase a TV show like a season of a TV show He's kind of against paying for that with " real money" But he'll do stupid surveys for that

I don't think it makes much more though I mean I guess if you never bought a TV show at this point he'd have maybe a hundred bucks but it's I don't think it's feasible as a second side income

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 2:13 pm
I've tried and made at most maybe $5-$10. I don't think I even earned enough to cash out.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 2:22 pm
I do a couple of sites, and eventually it adds up. I would say I cash out $25 amazon gift cards a couple of times a year.

https://epoll.com/refer/3826171

https://www.swagbucks.com/lp-s.....64145

I also make some money by shopping through cashback sites, if you want I can post links to those, let me know. They can be really lucrative, as they sometimes have various increased offers. For example, they recently offered 15% cashback for Walgreen's, so I placed a huge order for things I use anyways.

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 3:48 pm
I do a bunch..... I cash out gift cards and sometimes cash about every month or so---- but I make less than $50 a month doing it--- I don't have the patience to do more! I do a lot of different sites, not doing everything at one site. You need to recruit others--- that helps you build the income up even on days you do nothing.

baby12x

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 4:22 pm
Here are reviews and pros and cons of 13 survey sites:

https://adimesaved.com/earn-mo.....rveys

You won't make a lot of money and it takes time to cash out but if you have a lot of free time to be on phone or computer its a good way to make some extra cash.

Last edited by baby12x on Wed, Dec 16 2020, 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:07 pm
I do online surveys and similar things as a side hustle. Believe it or not I made about $12,000 this year but it took a long time to get there (years of trying out different sites and seeing what works best). Also, I don't have kids yet and I'm in front of a computer all day. If I only had twenty minutes here and there, it wouldn't be lucrative. I usually have about three tabs open from different sites and as soon as something pops up, I grab it. Different types of sites will work for different people. I know a lot of people who make a ton selling extra stuff on Mercari or Poshmark, but that has only been mediocre for me. I know others who love the receipt/cashback/coupon apps and make a lot with those but I've never been able to get into them. I'd be happy to give more specific advice if anyone is interested.

baby12x

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:18 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
I do online surveys and similar things as a side hustle. Believe it or not I made about $12,000 this year but it took a long time to get there (years of trying out different sites and seeing what works best). Also, I don't have kids yet and I'm in front of a computer all day. If I only had twenty minutes here and there, it wouldn't be lucrative. I usually have about three tabs open from different sites and as soon as something pops up, I grab it. Different types of sites will work for different people. I know a lot of people who make a ton selling extra stuff on Mercari or Poshmark, but that has only been mediocre for me. I know others who love the receipt/cashback/coupon apps and make a lot with those but I've never been able to get into them. I'd be happy to give more specific advice if anyone is interested.

Wow! That's awesome!

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:28 pm
I've tried many of these sites, and I think swagbucks is best because there are multiple ways to earn.

It's pennies, but if you're doing it instead of watching youtube videos, it's worth it.
Otherwise, any minimum wage job is better!

Whatever you do, stay away from branded surveys. When I finally had enough to cash out, they told me I violated the terms and wouldn't let me. I am certain I didn't violate the rules - it was an automatic message.

Another idea is usertesting.com which pays $10 per test, but it's hard to qualify. I've made a few hundred dollars from that site over the last few years.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:40 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:

Another idea is usertesting.com which pays $10 per test, but it's hard to qualify. I've made a few hundred dollars from that site over the last few years.

Yes! Usertesting is one of my top sites. It pays a flat rate of $10 per test and they usually take about 15 minutes each. Once in a while you get a longer one (25 minutes, maybe) but then occasionally you get one that's only 5 minutes so it balances out. The way it works is it records your screen while you talk. Companies want to know what you think of their website, so you have to answer a few questions about whether you think it is easy to navigate and things like that. They might give you some tasks like "try to shop for a white sweater and talk through what you are seeing." Then you say things like "I really like how the website is organized, it's very easy to filter by color" or something like that as you do it. It's a bit awkward at first but you get used to it and the money really adds up. They also have something called "live interviews" where you actually talk with a researcher over zoom. Those are $30 for a half hour, and $60 for an hour. I've made $2500 from this site this year.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:56 pm
The best one I've used (and trustworthy) is Amazon mechanical turk. They pay money.
The second best I have used it crowdtap. They pay gift cards.
The other ones I found that were worth anything were pinchme (currently doesn't seem to have any surveys for me though) and swagbucks.
I can't remember the names of ones that were useless or not trustworthy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers