Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
What was your reaction when you found out?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 4:17 pm
Happy? Scared? Excited? Panic? How many babies? Twins? Triplets? Curious how other people reacted.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 4:21 pm
I don’t have multiples but let’s hear what your reaction was!

amother
Red

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 4:49 pm
Shocked and happy and scared. Bh they are 6 months now and are delicious yum. The light and joy of our family.
Btw went in to confirm a miss. As the week before we only saw a sack without a hb....

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:31 pm
We found out late in my fifth month in my first sonogram
I said are u kidding am I on candid camera I jumped off the table and yelled at my husband it’s your fault since he is a twin I also just had a baby
At home who was three months old

mig100

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:37 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
I said are u kidding am I on candid camera I jumped off the table and yelled at my husband it’s your fault since he is a twin I also just had a baby

I dont mean to notpick. Im just confused. How can you have a three month old baby when you were in your fifth month

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:42 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
I don’t have multiples but let’s hear what your reaction was!

Like I won the lottery! I was extremely happy!! My husband kind of panicked a little lol

amother
Red

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 6:11 pm
mig100 wrote:
I dont mean to notpick. Im just confused. How can you have a three month old baby when you were in your fifth month
I have the same question. ...

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 6:14 pm

How was it your fifth month if you had a 3 month old at home?

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 6:27 pm
mig100 wrote:

I'm thinking made-up story. Very entertaining, turquoise.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 7:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Happy? Scared? Excited? Panic? How many babies? Twins? Triplets? Curious how other people reacted.

I’ve always dreamed of having twins. When I went for my first appointment at nine weeks and was told it was twins I was beyond excited! For a whole week I was on cloud nine, couldn’t stop smiling. Some twin related complications cropped up during the pregnancy so now I’m kind of apprehensively excited? Have about 12 weeks to go and the unknown and so many details are really stressing me out. But initially I was so excited! My dream come true. IyH it will happen and be good but for now the anxiety stinks. Anyone relate?

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 7:35 pm

You were in your fifth month with a 3 month old? I’m confused Scratching Head

Einikel

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 7:37 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
You were in your fifth month with a 3 month old? I’m confused Scratching Head

Two uteruses?!

amother
White

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 7:39 pm
Slapped the doctor.
Hid under my cover for the next few weeks. Went to doctor again and apologized. Went back into bed to cry. And so on.
Once they grow up it's easier.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 7:41 pm
Twins run in my family. At my first visit, my second question to the doctor is, "There's only one, right?" I'm terrified of having twins, since I know I couldn't handle it. Also, with my history of preeclampsia, I'd be very high-risk.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 1:16 am
I was so shocked, I cried for days.
I didn’t know how I’ll manage my life. Its been two years and many days are still not manageable.
It’s a good thing they’re so adorable and they only get cuter with each passing day, otherwise I don’t think I would still be semi sane.
Good luck to all twin moms to be. Please take lots of help and dont try to be a martyr by doing it on your own.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 9:53 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Twins run in my family. At my first visit, my second question to the doctor is, "There's only one, right?" I'm terrified of having twins, since I know I couldn't handle it. Also, with my history of preeclampsia, I'd be very high-risk.

Funny. I was on a drug with a 15-30% chance of twins, so when the RE did a sono to confirm the pgcy and said I see a heartbeat, I said "only one?" kinda disappointed, then thought to myself "are you crazy, you didn't think you'd have any!" Then the RE said wait, there's another! I was beyond thrilled but said "just two, right?" Again mentally kicking myself not to look a gift horse in the mouth esp after going through IF, but triplets would have been more than we could manage. As it was, having twins was no walk in the park. Even a walk in the park was no walk in the park, and finding a caregiver willing to look after twins was a major challenge.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more