Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
S/O A blessing a day ...What made you happy today?
1  2  Next

simcha4

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:14 pm
OP - I've been posting so many whining posts in the "Pointless Whining - First World Problems" topic.
At first I found it fun but after some whiny posts of mine which I wouldn't think of usually whining about and which I had to wrack my brains to dredge up to have what to post, I got afraid that I'd get into the habit of over-complaining... even though it's a game and I'm still enjoying it.

I had to find a way to counteract

Come join me on - "A Blessing A Day" topic

Post one good thing that made you happy/satisfied/content today - can be something major or the most minute.

I'll start - B'H that we recently got a dryer so I could finish all the laundry of the week today, and not tomorrow - Friday, or after Shabbos.

Last edited by simcha4 on Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:16 pm
My warm coffee
Nice idea!

yksraya

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:16 pm
Bh I'm almost done cooking for shabbos.

Blessing1

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:17 pm
Watching my kids having fun in the snow.

simcha4

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:21 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
My warm coffee
Nice idea!
Thank you, and I'm happy for you that you enjoyed your coffee.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:22 pm
simcha4 wrote:
OP - I've been posting so many whining posts in the "Pointless Whining - First World Problems" topic.
At first I found it fun but after some whiny posts of mine which I wouldn't think of usually whining about and which I had to wrack my brains to dredge up to have what to post, I got afraid that I'd get into the habit of over-complaining... even though it's a game and I'm still enjoying it.

I had to find a way to counteract

Come join me on - "A Blessing A Day" topic

Post one good thing that made you happy/satisfied/content today - can be something major or the most minute.

I'll start - B'H that we recently got a dryer so I could finish all the laundry of the week today, and not tomorrow - Friday, or after Shabbos.

I was feeling particularly down and decided to reach out to Hashem and felt a bit better after I learned some shiurim.

shaynala

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:28 pm
I'm so happy it's a snow day!!!!

simcha4

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:34 pm
Cheiny wrote:
I was feeling particularly down and decided to reach out to Hashem and felt a bit better after I learned some shiurim.

You're AMAZING that you remembered and was able to reach out to Hashem in your down moments!!!
I'm happy that you feel a bit better.
I very much hope that very soon you'll feel totally up, and may Hashem "change the picture" of what was causing you to feel down.

yiddishmom

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:38 pm
The pharmacy called me back and I'll finally be getting my cream for a decent price (no insurance)

For the little snow we got here, it's so pristine and serene!

That a client decided to drop off chanukah lunch, I did not have time to prepare anything today.

That my son fell asleep for an hour this morning after waking up at 5:45 am, so I got to nap a little. Was so tired!

bigsis144

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:39 pm
I shlepped myself out of bed to exercise before most of the house was awake, and started it pretty grouchy and cold (our exercise-equipment room has much less insulation than the rest of the house).

But I didn’t give up, and 35 minutes went faster than I thought it would.

I’m grateful I had an experience that would encourage me to exercise again.

soap suds

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:55 pm
I found some soft, white snow to walk through this afternoon in Brooklyn. Most of it was already hardened, dirty, or slushy. Nothing like sinking into fresh, powdery snow...

shmosmom

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:56 pm
My daughter's school is closed today - I get to spend time with her and just take it easy.

zaq

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 3:36 pm
That I went grocery shopping yesterday and don't have to today.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 3:39 pm
The pouring rain we had here in Israel today. And where I live in Israel, it was nice and foggy out as well.
I love the winter and love it even more when Im home and its pouring outside.

Shuly

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 3:52 pm
I had a good nap this afternoon.
The house is mostly clean for shabbos.
We had a yummy Chanukah lunch.
My chicken is in the oven so I only have to make the sides tomorrow.

zigi

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 4:42 pm
I got to watch my daughter's school video and found the link to watch her camp film!!

aussie2

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 6:42 pm
I love the idea of this thread.. it's def important to remind ourselves to be grateful for the small things in life..so here goes
1.the plumber finally showed up to fix the sink
2. I managed to settle the baby for a good nap this afternoon
3. my husband was able to work from home today bec of snow

Zehava

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 6:52 pm
All my kids had school and I got to take a nap

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 6:55 pm
The snow plow woke me up at 5:30 am. It was great. I got right out of bed and cleaned up and did laundry while the rest of the household was sleeping soundly. I love having quiet and no one in my way when I clean.

mother1231

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 7:02 pm
I thought one of my kids had no boots and I would have to order new ones and then I went to look for something by the basement steps where I don’t usually go and there were a pair that were his from last year that I had forgotten about.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics