Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
What’s the earliest your DD got her period?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 10:58 pm
DD just turned 11. I’m hoping she’ll still have some time before her period comes since she’s not a mature type. She’s showing early signs of breast development for a few months already. Just curious what’s the earliest the girls get it these days? When did yours get it?

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 11:00 pm
Mine is almost 11 1/2 and hasn’t gotten it yet, but she started breast development well over a year ago (a little before she turned 10). So my guess is it doesn’t sound like your daughter will get it anytime soon. Although of course I can’t say anything for sure.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 11:00 pm
Mine got hers just after her 11th bday. I was actually very grateful because I got mine at 10 and when she started wearing a bra at 9 I was worried for her to get it soon. Generally the docs say it's about 2 years after the beginning of breast development.

lovingmommy3417

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 11:02 pm
Not a daughter but I got it at 11 and so did my mother.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 11:05 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Mine got hers just after her 11th bday. I was actually very grateful because I got mine at 10 and when she started wearing a bra at 9 I was worried for her to get it soon. Generally the docs say it's about 2 years after the beginning of breast development.

Wow 10 is super young. Did you handle it well?

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 11:08 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:

2 years from breast buds or actual breast development? My daughter got breast buds 6 months ago but it hasn't developed further yet.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 11:11 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
2 years from breast buds or actual breast development? My daughter got breast buds 6 months ago but it hasn't developed further yet.

That's what I'm wondering!

My DD had buds well before 9. She's 9.5 now and wearing deodorant, and has oily skin, and some body hair, I hope she doesn't get her periods before 11! This is too fast I didn't start developing till 13, get my period at 15.

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Dec 18 2020, 12:03 am
11 and 7 months.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Dec 18 2020, 5:14 am
I got my period at 9.5 and it was very traumatic for me because I was completely unprepared. I start discussing puberty and periods with my girls at age 9, but so far only my oldest got her period at 11.5.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Dec 18 2020, 5:14 am
Oops double post

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Dec 18 2020, 5:30 am
One sister was at 10.5 and one was at 8. I was 12.5.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Dec 18 2020, 9:34 am
My dd got it about a week before she was 11

Chayalle

Post Fri, Dec 18 2020, 10:14 am
Don't take anything the doctors say at face value.
My DD had a well-visit the morning she got her period, and the doctor said she has at least another year. She got it that night.
It was about a year after she started developing, and she had barely anything, wore a small sports bra.

If your DD is of age, talk to her, make sure she is prepared. Don't lull yourself into some "well the doctor said she has time so so do I" pattern of pushing things off.

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Dec 18 2020, 10:19 am
I got my period the week before I turned 11. That was the latest of the four girls in my family. Thank G-d no one got it before they turned 10, but it was a concern. I was not properly prepared for my period, but the rest of the girls were B'H.

While I have only a 2-year-old girl, I know that I will start preparing her early because of my genes. I can't necessarily hope that she takes after DH's side in this area, since several in his family had very painful periods (as did I as a teen).

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Dec 18 2020, 10:38 am
Omg! These are sooo early! My daughter is turning 8 this week I hope she has another few years at least.. I got mine at 15 and my mother at 16. Not sure about siblings.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Dec 18 2020, 10:52 am
my daughter got her first full blown period at 12.5 and nothing since then, about 3 months ago. is that reason for concern?

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Dec 18 2020, 10:57 am
I don't have daughters , but I got mine a week before my 11th birthday.

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Dec 18 2020, 11:35 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
One sister was at 10.5 and one was at 8. I was 12.5.

Is she very short? How much did she grow afterwards?

amother
Puce

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 10:36 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Is she very short? How much did she grow afterwards?

Average height. Didn't stop growing.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 11:07 am
This thread just shows that you can't wait until the last minute to explain to your DD how her body works. Suddenly finding yourself bleeding from "where you pee" is horribly traumatic, and something that a girl never forgets (and sometimes never forgives.)

Basic biology is nothing to be squeamish about. There is nothing wrong with talking to your DDs when they are young. You are not "protecting them" from growing up too fast. They are going to grow whether you educate them or not.

Even if you are 100% sure that your DD won't start until she's 12, don't wait until she's 11 and a half. She may surprise you at 8 or 10. The more your DD knows what to expect, the easier it will be for her psychological and emotionally to handle such a change in her life.

I repeat, you gain absolutely NOTHING by withholding information "until later."
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics