Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Shopping in Israel
Previous  1  2

juggling

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 3:02 am
WitchKitty wrote:
You can use any TZ, not only yours.

This is probably true, as long as it's a foreign-issued credit card. An Israeli credit card requires the tz of the card owner, as part of the identification process. I know that's what you meant, but I wanted to clarify in case somebody read and misunderstood.

soap suds

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 3:10 am
I just read this thread title as Juggling in Israel (because it said by Juggling right underneath the title). It really got my interest piqued. Too bad the actual topic isn’t quite as entertaining as I thought it would be.
Sorry, OP, I don’t know anything about shopping in Israel.

WitchKitty

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 4:52 am
juggling wrote:
This is probably true, as long as it's a foreign-issued credit card. An Israeli credit card requires the tz of the card owner, as part of the identification process. I know that's what you meant, but I wanted to clarify in case somebody read and misunderstood.

Everytime I put money on my ravkav (ravkavonline) I put my TZ# & not dhs whose (israeli) card it is
I know my mom fills my neighbors cards with their cc & uses her TZ#.
When I use my US cc I just use whatever

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 7:37 am
Teomima wrote:
Keep in mind even though shopping online is an easy option here, returns are a little more tricky than Amazon in the States.

But yes, you find time even with working a full schedule. Do more cooking Thursday evening to free up Friday. Hit the store on your way home from work. Run errands on your lunch break. Go after work even if that means taking kids with you. Leave the kids home with their father in the evening and go out by yourself. You manage to find time.

Now this rises the question... what are the store hours usually? Till what time they’re open? If I work till let’s say 4 or 5 and have to commute, most likely with buses, might take at most an hour. So how can one shop after work if stores close pets say at 6?
I know I won’t have to go to stores weekly as much as groceries, but in the beginning most likely I’ll have to get things. I’ll try my best to buy extra clothes before we make Aliyah, but I have boys and they have holes in their pants a lot and I know I’ll need to buy pants agsin in israel at some point! Lol

DrMom

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 7:56 am
Most high street stores stay open until ~7-8pm, and stores in malls stay open until 9-10pm.

Some stores (those in malls, primarily) open on motzei shabbat, and stores are usually open on Friday until at least 1-2pm, later in summer.

essie14

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 8:25 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Now this rises the question... what are the store hours usually? Till what time they’re open? If I work till let’s say 4 or 5 and have to commute, most likely with buses, might take at most an hour. So how can one shop after work if stores close pets say at 6?
I know I won’t have to go to stores weekly as much as groceries, but in the beginning most likely I’ll have to get things. I’ll try my best to buy extra clothes before we make Aliyah, but I have boys and they have holes in their pants a lot and I know I’ll need to buy pants agsin in israel at some point! Lol

Almost no stores close at 6. The malls are open til 9-10, most small stores in strip malls are also open til 8-9 or later.
In the summer stores are open til at least 3 PM on Friday and in the winter all malls are open motzash.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 1:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I never put so much thought into this planning a shopping trip for pants for my sons. If you work in a city you can just pop into a store during your lunch break and if you live in a large town you can pop into a store on your way home. But children’s clothes are very conveniently bought online. It’s not a huge trip you need to plan, it’s something you pick up while doing other errands.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions