Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Milchig / fleishig towels?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 8:40 pm
Is there a reason to have separate kitchen towels for wiping up spills, etc? I'm washing them all in the same load of laundry, right? I'm not sure I see the point. Please enlighten me.

nchr

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 8:45 pm
Don't you think if they looked the same you may accidentally wipe something fleishig and then milchig right after?

amother
Teal

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 8:46 pm
I think it’s for convenience. Once you wash it in hot water you can switch and even use it from chometz to pesach.

amother
Lemon

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 8:49 pm
I keep seperate towels because let’s say a drop of fleishig food/grease/crumb remained on the pot I was wiping and then I washed dairy dishes and I wouldn’t want to wipe the dairy dishes with said towel. If you have a big kitchen with meat and dairy counters not close to each other or adjacent then it’s probably not a big deal but in my small apartment with small kitchen the possibility of cross contamination is big

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 5:26 am
I have separate towels for drying the dishes, fleishig, milchig and parve and another towel to wipe the spills on the floor.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 5:33 am
Certainly your towels for wiping up spills don't have to be separate. And, though I do have separate color coded towels, I know they really aren't necessary. How often do you dry off hot meat? It's convenient, but not more than that.

Metukah

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 5:36 am
nchr wrote:
Don't you think if they looked the same you may accidentally wipe something fleishig and then milchig right after?

If the dishes are clean, what might be the problem?

watergirl

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 6:50 am
nchr wrote:

I’ve asked this shailah actually. For the taam to transfer and cause an issue, the spill and the towel both have to be yad soledes bo at the time is it cleaned with the towel. So yes, I can clean my dairy counter and meat counter with the same thing, but say my chicken soup over boils, that spill is yad soledes bo and the towel would be also, so THAT towel must then be washed before using it again (which it would be, of course, anyway because it is now covered in soup and unusable as it is). And when it comes out of the washing machine when washed on hot, it is pareve again.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen