Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Are you eligible for the COVID vaccine this week?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 10:13 pm
I am and I'm not sure if I should get it. I do want to get it eventually, just not sure that I want to be in the first round in my state! But I'm concerned that if I don't get it now, it will be a very long time before I'm offered it again.

amother
Cyan

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 10:14 pm
Two words- Get it.

🥰

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 10:17 pm
I'll do better with one word:

NO!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 10:23 pm
After seeing the side effects and reactions people are having I would stay far away from it. Go google side effects and reactions from covid vaccination

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 10:29 pm
I’m not. My dad got it already. I wish my whole family could get it but we will patiently wait our turn.

southernbubby

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 10:34 pm
The pharmacy that I use will stock Moderna, which is the one that I want but I have to find out if and when they will give it to someone who had covid already. I read somewhere that recovered Covid patients can take the vaccine after 90 days but it hasn't been that long yet for me.

Bluepink

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 10:39 pm
I was able to get it last week, but will not for now. I have antibodies from getting Covid myself, so how will I know if the vaccine is doing anything for me? I am also worried about side effects, such as the severe allergic reactions we saw in several nurses last week. One of them didn’t even have a history of allergies.

OTOH, I think that a high risk, older person should get the vaccine when available, especially if they don’t have antibodies. For them, the risk of severe disease is likely worse than the risk of side effects.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 10:44 pm
southernbubby wrote:
The pharmacy that I use will stock Moderna, which is the one that I want but I have to find out if and when they will give it to someone who had covid already. I read somewhere that recovered Covid patients can take the vaccine after 90 days but it hasn't been that long yet for me.

Why don’t u check if you have antibodies first then you don’t need the vaccine when your antibodies disappoint when you need to think of the vaccine.

amother
Aqua

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 10:50 pm
Yes. Me entire department got it on Tuesday. Unfortunately I’m on mat leave so can’t get it but if I weren’t I would have gotten it already. I’m super super happy for my coworkers

southernbubby

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 10:52 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Why don’t u check if you have antibodies first then you don’t need the vaccine when your antibodies disappoint when you need to think of the vaccine.

I had positive antibodies two weeks after the infection started; a score of 83.1, but I should probably check again. Apparently the vaccine produces much higher numbers.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 10:54 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I had positive antibodies two weeks after the infection started; a score of 83.1, but I should probably check again. Apparently the vaccine produces much higher numbers.

But they don’t know if they will stay in your body for long either. So might as well stay with your own antibodies till they Run out.

amother
Navy

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 10:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am and I'm not sure if I should get it. I do want to get it eventually, just not sure that I want to be in the first round in my state! But I'm concerned that if I don't get it now, it will be a very long time before I'm offered it again.

There is a rumor going around that the nurse who passed out after getting the vaccine died. This is her instagram account, if you look at the comments from the last post you will see lots of people writing in about her death-- https://www.instagram.com/tiffany_dover_/

Seems like family/friends never confirmed anything and people are saying they were threatened with death so they remain silent. Does anyone know if this nurse is still alive?

amother
Gold

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 11:00 pm
Why is the Moderna vaccine better?

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 11:17 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Why is the Moderna vaccine better?

It will only be one shot (pfizer is 2 shots)and hopefully less side effects/danger allergies

amother
Aqua

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 11:22 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
It will only be one shot (pfizer is 2 shots)and hopefully less side effects/danger allergies

Incorrect. They are both 2 doses. Key difference are in temperature storage (and therefore accessibility for non hospitals etc)

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/1......html

cnc

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 11:27 pm
Yes I’m eligible. No I am not getting it.

trixx

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 11:35 pm
"eligible" like it's a prize we should be lining up for.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 11:42 pm
Bibi Netanyahu just got it on public television. And he takes very good care of himself. So if he got it, it must be safe.

amother
Taupe

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 11:43 pm
I am not yet eligible but I will be getting it as soon as I am.

cnc

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 11:44 pm
trixx wrote:
"eligible" like it's a prize we should be lining up for.

Well my colleagues seem to think so- they all plan on getting it this week. They don’t understand why I’m not. They also don’t understand why I don’t sign up for the voluntary Covid testing drives that are held at work!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics