Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
What do people usually do in this case?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 2:55 pm
We and dh can both use a vacation, were both hardworking and we can both use a break . The only problem is that we dont have where to leave our 2 kids . I cant think of even 1 option. Thinking if I should take them along.

Do you take along your kids if you dont have where to leave them?

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 2:56 pm
Of course we bring our kids on vacation. We've only spent two nights away without our kids in 13 years of marriage. If I waited until we had somewhere to leave them we would end up never going away at all.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 2:57 pm
I would. Can't leave them home alone! Unless you have a babysitter you trust.

amother
Pearl

not sure where you live... but plenty of ppl who watch children for a few days for $$

amother
Aubergine

If the kids are in their 20s, leave them home. Otherwise, take them along.

amother
Smokey

Married seven years, 3 kids, have never been on vacation without them.
We bring them along.
Another option is to look for an overnight babysitter.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 2:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We and dh can both use a vacation, were both hardworking and we can both use a break . The only problem is that we dont have where to leave our 2 kids . I cant think of even 1 option. Thinking if I should take them along.

Do you take along your kids if you dont have where to leave them?

I have this dilemma all the time. I’d rather not go with the kids so I never go anywhere.
Do you have a person you’d trust and pay for them to come stay at your house for those few days?

Elfrida

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 3:00 pm
You can certainly have a vacation with your children, and getting away into a different environment can make it a good break. Obviously, a child centred vacation will be very different to an exclusively adult one, but it can be equally good.

Alternatively, is there anyone who could stay in the house with your children for a few days? A post seminary girl or similar. Preferably someone who both you and the children know, and is familiar with the routine in your house.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 3:01 pm
Love the topic. Family planing Smile

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 3:01 pm
I divide my kids between my siblings. Thank g-d they live in my area. And when my siblings take vacation I gladly take their kids

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 3:09 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
I divide my kids between my siblings. Thank g-d they live in my area. And when my siblings take vacation I gladly take their kids
idem dito. Bh for family. Op don't you have good friends were you trade?

HeartyAppetite

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 3:11 pm
I leave my kids with family members, and when they go on vacation I take their kids.

essie14

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 3:12 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Love the topic. Family planing Smile

LOL LOL

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 3:15 pm
At this point no! I really do not have where to leave them . As I said, not even 1 option to think of . It's sad but that's the situation now. I think only solution would be to take them with. Wouldn't be our first choice , but better then just not go ... I'm just curious to know if I'm the only one that have such a problem not having where to leave kids?!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 3:18 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
idem dito. Bh for family. Op don't you have good friends were you trade?

I do have good friends, yet babysitting doesn't work out for any of them to do . Also my friends have different ages kids, send to different schools, it's just not working out. No family members where to send either. Its tough!

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 3:20 pm
First of all, now is a difficult time to leave kids anywhere.

Second, definitely bring them, but you have to treat it as a family vacation, not a couples vacation that you brought the kids along for. As you've seen, there are definitely others with this issue.

How old are the kids?

bigsis144

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 3:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
At this point no! I really do not have where to leave them . As I said, not even 1 option to think of . It's sad but that's the situation now. I think only solution would be to take them with. Wouldn't be our first choice , but better then just not go ... I'm just curious to know if I'm the only one that have such a problem not having where to leave kids?!

I barely had someone to leave my kids with when I went into labor; I had a carpool helper and an emergency neighbor to watch them until my husband got home. But never anyone for overnight, no way! And that’s for going tot he hospital, not vacation!

People who live near their family have NO IDEA. But I think it’s more common than you think ☹️

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 3:24 pm
Is there any paying childminders where you live?
would that be an option for you?
Iv done that a couple of times.

And if youre worried your kids will be shy or wont be happy, most times you can bring your kids over a fewtimes before to get them used to the childminder.

I totally understand you. For our family, wouldnt be a break if we would take the kids with.
we need it for our marriage and sanity.

silverlining3

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 3:25 pm
Is leaving by a classmate or neighbor an option?

Last edited by silverlining3 on Sun, Dec 20 2020, 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 3:26 pm
If you can, rent a house wherever you go. This will give everyone space so they're not on top of each other. Definitely try to at least get a suite of some kind so you guys can have your own room.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics