Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I got the Pfizer covid vaccine. AMA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 6:58 am
OP , no sign of autism yet?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 7:56 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Thanks for explaining this. I've been offered it but haven't signed up yet. I work in healthcare but am sort of isolated from others as I'm not working right now but have still been offered the vaccine. Do you mind sharing your hesitations and how you worked through them? Maybe it will help others on the fence. Thanks so much!

My hesitation was about an allergic reaction. But when I looked at the real risk - .002%, I decided that my risk of getting covid and getting sick, having long term effects, giving it to my family was much higher. The allergic reaction is treatable.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 7:58 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Have you checked if you have antibodies before you got the vaccine?
Do you plan to check if you have antibodies after you got it?

I never checked antibodies because I’ve been tested for covid so many times- probably 10 times. And always negative. I will want to check for antibodies after I get the second dose. I’m really curious what my levels will be.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 8:00 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Does it cause fertility in men or women, or is it too early to say? Confused

Do you mean infertility? There were people in the study who got pregnant after the first dose. There is no scientific reason to believe that the mRNA vaccine would impact fertility. mRNA vaccines have been studied for years even though this is the first one being used.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 8:00 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
OP , no sign of autism yet?

No, I assume you’re joking?

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 8:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you mean infertility? There were people in the study who got pregnant after the first dose. There is no scientific reason to believe that the mRNA vaccine would impact fertility. mRNA vaccines have been studied for years even though this is the first one being used.

Yes sorry, meant infertility.
Thanks

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 8:48 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Does it cause fertility in men or women, or is it too early to say? Confused

That would be an absolute miracle if it did!

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 8:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No, I assume you’re joking?

You should be aware that if anyone you know is diagnosed with autism or another developmental delay it is probably caused by your vaccine and they caught it from you somehow.

/Sarcasm

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 8:59 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
You should be aware that if anyone you know is diagnosed with autism or another developmental delay it is probably caused by your vaccine and they caught it from you somehow.

/Sarcasm

Eek!! When I started reading “you should be aware” I was sure it was a serious post LOL

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 9:13 am
To the rude snarky I like to shame people I don't like opinions of posters,

This is not about vax / anti vax. This is emergency use, not fda approved. Its still missing standard basic steps in trials that taking the vax means you ARE part of standard pre-fda approval trials. And scientifically proven point of while hopeful, obviously long term studies are entirely unproven. That is the pure science. All we are at now is pick your poison, virus vs vax. Neither is fully understood.

Each person needs to weigh the pros and cons for their individual situation and decide if they are a good candidate for immediately or better to see how further trials go first. Its also not like everybody can go first. So they are doing people like you a favor if someone thinks they don't need to be first.

If you think vaccines never have bad effects, then you are anti-science. The things listed on those inserts in medicines & vaccines really happen to people from taking it. Just not to most people. And those prone to that stuff do not need snarkiness from you or anyone else. Nor is your snark a question to OP.

OP was kind enough to take her time to really help out others by answering real questions.
Why not be kind enough to let that happen without throwing in toxic emotions?

Thank you to OP for this post. Please continue keeping us informed on your (& your coworkers) experience(s).

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 9:17 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
That would be an absolute miracle if it did!

Laugh

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 9:27 am
I legitimately want to help people. I realize that most people right now don’t know someone who has gotten the vaccine and they have a lot of questions. So I want to share my experience and answer whatever questions I can. If I can help just one person feel a small bit more comfortable with it, then I will be satisfied.

Moonlight

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 9:27 am
Op, if you already had antibodies would you have gotten it? How are the antibodies produced from actually having coronavirus different from the antibodies produced from the vaccine? do they expect antibodies from the vaccine to last longer than three months?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 9:34 am
Moonlight wrote:
Op, if you already had antibodies would you have gotten it? How are the antibodies produced from actually having coronavirus different from the antibodies produced from the vaccine? do they expect antibodies from the vaccine to last longer than three months?

Yes I would have gotten it anyway because it is still recommended. Antibodies from COVID infection are lasting only a few months for some people. There are reports of people getting covid twice. AFAIK the antibody levels from the vaccine are much higher than from covid infection (I forget which study I read that said this). The participants in the research study who got the shot are being followed and once there is enough data to say for certain how long immunity lasts, that will be shared. I am really hoping it is a long while!

Moonlight

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 10:10 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes I would have gotten it anyway because it is still recommended. Antibodies from COVID infection are lasting only a few months for some people. There are reports of people getting covid twice. AFAIK the antibody levels from the vaccine are much higher than from covid infection (I forget which study I read that said this). The participants in the research study who got the shot are being followed and once there is enough data to say for certain how long immunity lasts, that will be shared. I am really hoping it is a long while!

Why would antibodies to vaccine be higher than to actual virus? Afaik, with varicella for example, you are better off with antibodies from disease

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 10:30 am
Moonlight wrote:
Why would antibodies to vaccine be higher than to actual virus? Afaik, with varicella for example, you are better off with antibodies from disease

Participants in the moderna study were found to have higher antibody levels than people who had had covid. https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/.....32195

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 10:31 am
Moonlight wrote:

I want to add that having chicken pox means you’re susceptible to shingles later in life. Getting vaccinated does not leave you with potential for shingles infection.
Editing to say vaccination reduces risk of shingles compared to previous infection of chickenpox.

Moonlight

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 10:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I want to add that having chicken pox means you’re susceptible to shingles later in life. Getting vaccinated does not leave you with potential for shingles infection.

Are you sure? Can you explain why that would be?

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 10:38 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

As far as I heard we have lots of shingles in the 20-30 age group these days because of the varicella vaccine while previous gen typically had risk of shingles at an older age.

But this virus is different than chicken pox. But what I see may be similar to chicken pox is that most full blown cases are looking less likely to recur while light cases seem to have more chance of getting it again.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 10:50 am
Moonlight wrote:
Are you sure? Can you explain why that would be?

“ Approximately 38 per 100,000 children vaccinated against chickenpox developed shingles per year, compared with 170 per 100,000 unvaccinated children, researchers found”

Also here https://www.webmd.com/skin-pro.....s-too
Page 4 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics