Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
S/O How does the COVID vaccine work?

Einikel

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 9:24 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
The Covid vaccine doesn't contain any trace of Covid, dead or alive. It just triggers the body to produce antibodies. So it can't cause Covid.

(From the Pfizer AMA thread)

How does this work? If you don’t plan to take the vaccine or think it will kill people it’s thread is not for you. I just want to know how this vaccine works in building an immune response if it doesn’t contain the COVID virus.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 9:32 pm
I posted that in the other thread. Rabbi Dr. Glatt explained it clearly here: https://www.yutorah.org/vaccine/ (this webcast is still going on, R' Willig is now discussing the halachic opinions about it)

I'm not sure I'd explain it 100% accurately, so I recommend listening to Rabbi Dr. Glatt.
Essentially, your cells are triggered to make a protein unique to covid. Then, it eradicates the protein and develops antibody cells to fight that protein in the future. It's the same antibodies you'd have if you actually got covid chv"s.

Einikel

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 10:10 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I posted that in the other thread. Rabbi Dr. Glatt explained it clearly here: https://www.yutorah.org/vaccine/ (this webcast is still going on, R' Willig is now discussing the halachic opinions about it)

I'm not sure I'd explain it 100% accurately, so I recommend listening to Rabbi Dr. Glatt.
Essentially, your cells are triggered to make a protein unique to covid. Then, it eradicates the protein and develops antibody cells to fight that protein in the future. It's the same antibodies you'd have if you actually got covid chv"s.

Thank you. I just finished listening to Rabbi Glatt really interesting and informative. Another question: will it be like the flu shot and need to be taken every year or is it like the measles, Polio etc vaccines?

avrahamama

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 10:13 pm
Einikel wrote:
Thank you. I just finished listening to Rabbi Glatt really interesting and informative. Another question: will it be like the flu shot and need to be taken every year or is it like the measles, Polio etc vaccines?

Apparently that depends on whether or not it will cover mutations. Most likely it will be a seasonal vax.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 8:51 am
Einikel wrote:

I really hope it’s not a yearly thing just because of logistics. Maybe it could be combined with the flu shot to make it easier for people (but still available individually as well). I’m OP from the vaccine thread.

mig100

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 10:41 pm
Thanks for posting very interesting and informative

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 10:51 pm
I didn’t watch the video. But in short, in an actual Covid infection, the virus enters the cell with its spike protein. The vax is messenger RNA, aka instructions to build the spike protein, wrapped up in a lipid layer that enters the cell and is released. Ribosomes inside the cell attach to the mRNA and start building the spike protein (cuz mRNA is the instructions to build the spike protein). The spike protein itself is not harmful. It leaves the cell and starts circulating. Our immune system thinks this is a Covid infection and recognizes the spike protein and starts creating antibodies against it. If you are then exposed to the actual virus, our immune system remembers the spike protein and sends antibodies to prevent it from entering the cell.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 2:44 am
unfortunately, due to lack of knowledge in science probably, people are understanding that this allows our DNA to be altered. The other thing people are understanding is that altering DNA will cause infertility.

I have tried to explain in simple terms but am not getting thru.

Anyone have simple way to describe this vaccine process while explaining how its not altering dna?

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 7:28 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
unfortunately, due to lack of knowledge in science probably, people are understanding that this allows our DNA to be altered. The other thing people are understanding is that altering DNA will cause infertility.

Anyone have simple way to describe this vaccine process while explaining how its not altering dna?

Lol! Who thinks that??? How on earth would that even be possible?

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 7:34 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:

Yeah. We don't know how to alter human DNA in this manner. If we did, we could cure almost all diseases out there.

wiki

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 7:54 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:

If the mRNA vaccine caused infertility, it would mean that every recovery from Covid would also cause infertility.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 10:09 am
Unfortunately, I keep hearing it repeatedly. (I'm in bp) many, many people are convinced about this.

When I question how they can know 100% that it causes infertility when the vaccine has only been tested a few months andcwe don't actually expect everyone to get pregnant immediately after a vaccine, no one gets it.

I'm not sure where those information is being spread - holiness, word of mouth - but I can tell you that a lot of people in bp - mainstream, provaxxers, establishment type - really believe these things.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 11:15 am
If someone had covid already and presumably has antibodies, please explain why getting a vaccine would help.

GetReal

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 11:32 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Unfortunately, I keep hearing it repeatedly. (I'm in bp) many, many people are convinced about this.

When I question how they can know 100% that it causes infertility when the vaccine has only been tested a few months andcwe don't actually expect everyone to get pregnant immediately after a vaccine, no one gets it.

I'm not sure where those information is being spread - holiness, word of mouth - but I can tell you that a lot of people in bp - mainstream, provaxxers, establishment type - really believe these things.

First of all several women in the vaccine trial got pregnant during the trial so the vaccine didn’t cause them infertility.

Second - if covid antibodies caused infertility then wild covid would also cause infertility and tons of women who had covid got pregnant afterwards.

GetReal

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 11:34 am
SuperWify wrote:
If someone had covid already and presumably has antibodies, please explain why getting a vaccine would help.

I believe the vaccine has a stronger reaction and more antibodies that last longer. Many people who had antibodies in March have less or almost none by now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics