Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Dinner Done cookbook
1  2  3  Next

emzod42

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 6:19 pm
Anyone get it yet? I'm cooking for picky eaters and I don't mind using some store bought sauces and things, but I'm hoping for easy recipes that don't require a lot of premade stuff. I wish I could preview it but I'm not going to stores. Should I get it?

cupcake123

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 6:31 pm
I love it! Theres a decent amount of shnitzel type recipies and those usually go over well with picky eater. Theres also some simple but good potatoe/rice recipies.

number

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 7:00 pm
I was just gifted it for Chanukah. I’m actually excited about this one. It’s exactly what you described.

I don’t know how many recipes are from the blog though.

HH613

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 7:03 pm
I’m loving it so far! From what I understand these are recipes that you can’t find on their website.

missknowitall

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 7:04 pm
You can look at betweencarpools.com for examples. They said it's 30% from the blog and 70% new

estherj

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 7:05 pm
One of the better cookbooks I have and my kids are picky eaters.

mybusyima

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 7:14 pm
I'm going to be very honest here...
I am enjoying the cookbook immensely, because it has quick and simple recipes. However, many of the recipes, although they are simple and the concept is nice, my kids didn't like. For example, the chicken with the farfel in one pan, they complained that the farfel was too hard, since it's baked uncovered. Or the one pan shnitzel and rice, they liked the rice, but not the shnitzel- because came out dry, since rice needs more time than shnitzel.
These one pan dinners are great, as long as the final product is yummy 😋

SuperWify

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 7:33 pm
We love it! Lots of good chicken cutlet recipes and super easy to make. It does use ready sauces and the like though. You can’t make sauces from scratch and except it to be quick....

shmosmom

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 7:37 pm
I don't have time to do a full review now, but I LOVE IT!

Okay, I'm back.
I made the pancakes with almond flour a few times, was pretty easy to make, tasted great, and didn't feel like junk. Whole family ate them, and didn't stay with any leftovers.
The chocolate chip sticks and the oatmeal bars are basic but just such great recipes, I usually prefer cooking to baking but this is so easy and appreciated by all so I did them both a couple times as well.
I made the muddy buddies and they were yum (duh!) but tbh the microwave method is just faster and the same easy.
The dressing with the garlic n soy n fresh lemon was pretty fantastic. I liked that they gave ideas how to use it over protein as a entrée, but the taste was just ok, nothing over the top.
My family liked the garlic salmon as well.
I made one of the schnitzel with sesame seeds, it was SO GOOD fresh but not as great reheated. Still pretty delicious though. Would definitely do again. It's also one of those recipes that are easy to make double and freeze half of them raw to be baked fresh on a busy night.

Last edited by shmosmom on Tue, Dec 22 2020, 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total

flowerpower

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 7:42 pm
I made 4 things from it today. Very easy and simple recipes.

lovepinterest

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 7:47 pm
I found the recipes to be very hit or miss. One thing I rlly dislike is all the bought sauces. Most very easy quick basic ingredients. My kids love the hot poppers. Without the sauce lol!

ddmom

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 8:14 pm
mybusyima wrote:
I'm going to be very honest here...
I am enjoying the cookbook immensely, because it has quick and simple recipes. However, many of the recipes, although they are simple and the concept is nice, my kids didn't like. For example, the chicken with the farfel in one pan, they complained that the farfel was too hard, since it's baked uncovered. Or the one pan shnitzel and rice, they liked the rice, but not the shnitzel- because came out dry, since rice needs more time than shnitzel.
These one pan dinners are great, as long as the final product is yummy 😋

I totally agree!!!
Tried a few things it was very quick and very easy but taste wise not amazing! Just got it and only tried a few so I can't say anything yet...

watergirl

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 8:15 pm
I love it. I especially love the 9x23 chapter.

HH613

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 8:22 pm
ddmom wrote:
I totally agree!!!
Tried a few things it was very quick and very easy but taste wise not amazing! Just got it and only tried a few so I can't say anything yet...

Curious...Which recipes did you try and not like the taste of?

ImmaBubby

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 8:28 pm
Every cookbook I own is a hit or miss situation. I try to tinker with the misses and take concepts and substitute certain ingredients. I’m not a fan of store bought sauces so I try spices and drizzle oil on top for more moisture.

SisterSix

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 8:58 pm
Just tonight I made the chicken with zucchini rice for the first time. It came out delicious and the ingredients are really basic, but it was way more patchkerei than I would’ve expected. You keep needing to wait ten minutes then add something else to the pan. I’d rather just do all the prep work at once and then leave it on the flame!

amh

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 9:09 pm
I love it!! My family loved the pretzel schnitzel and the garlic one. I found the recipes I chose so far easy and yummy. My kids are also picky and no they don’t Love everything but who has a cookbook where everyone loves everything??

ddmom

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 9:24 pm
HH613 wrote:
Curious...Which recipes did you try and not like the taste of?

The salad dressing that has lemon juice, oil, soy sauce,honey and garlic was excellent!!!

We tried one pot pasta in cream tomato sauce. By the time pasta was done sauce had totally absorbed and the whole thing was dry!! I think it's just a couple of minutes between done and overdone!
We also tried one pan cakes(the crushed oreos kind and brownies) it was edible but not delicious!!
Like I said, still have to try a few other things. Or maybe try those recipes again, I might have done something wrong!!! Wink

SuperWify

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 9:27 pm
ddmom wrote:
The salad dressing that has lemon juice, oil, soy sauce,honey and garlic was excellent!!!

We tried one pot pasta in cream tomato sauce. By the time pasta was done sauce had totally absorbed and the whole thing was dry!! I think it's just a couple of minutes between done and overdone!
We also tried one pan cakes(the crushed oreos kind and brownies) it was edible but not delicious!!
Like I said, still have to try a few other things. Or maybe try those recipes again, I might have done something wrong!!! Wink

Just made the Oreo brownies and I got rave reviews. It was really really good. Are you sure you didn’t leave anything out?

SuperWify

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 9:27 pm
Tonight I made the teriyaki schnitzel and it was also well received. It took 3 minutes to prepare.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics