Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Matan Chaim drops

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 12:06 am
Any one have any idea what Matan Chaim drops are?

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 8:28 am
Sassover rebbe from Israel just gave drasha that Israeli doctors are murderers because they're not allowing patients to use these drops. What exactly are they? Does anyone know?

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 9:46 am
I was wondering the same thing, but thinking that it might not be smart to post about this news story, because it will lead to Lashon Hara

mandksima

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 11:47 am
I tried looking it up and see they are the Fountain of Life drops if they are called Mayan Hchaim and not Matan Chaim. I actually have tried them and they are great, they are strong and help with a lot of things but are expensive - I tried them with a trial of a friend who imports it in for her use. I find there are a lot of other great products out there that work great too and I am using them already (like oil of oregano, collidal silver, garlic, ginger, tumeric, frankincense, etc) so I didn't end up buying these. Is that what he's referring to?? mayan hchaim

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 12:59 pm
Evidently there is some N-Corona vitamin out there, and everything online is about the Ministry of Health disclaiming it.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 3:30 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Sassover rebbe from Israel just gave drasha that Israeli doctors are murderers because they're not allowing patients to use these drops. What exactly are they? Does anyone know?

What is this rebbe's medical background? Does he have any clinical trials that show that spruce tree extract does anything?

I'm a bit leery of anything that claims to regrow hair, cure breast cancer, reverse diabetes, and make you lose weight - especially since there is no specific ingredient list on the back. What percentage are active ingredients? What percentage are carrier oils, and what kind of oils?

A recent documentary has shown that "Health Canada" will approve pretty much anything that is not pharmaceutical, under it's "green label" - if you pay enough. The only rule is that it won't kill you if you take it. There is no testing, oversight, or even a factory inspection required.

Don't get me wrong. There are definitely some tried, tested, and true oils and other alternative medicines out there that work. I'm just not convinced this is one of them. I'm not going to spend 300 shekels a month to put some strange substance in my body, without a LOT of further proof of safety and efficacy.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 5:41 pm
So these drops are extracted from spruce trees? Very interesting. Never heard of this before.

As far as I know, sassover rebbe doesn't have a medical background and doesn't claim to. I understood that he basically says this is a new virus, no one really knows what works, many people have used these drops successfully so why ban it. I guessing similar to the story with hydroxychloroquine being not used in us

bmom1

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 11:29 pm
Where/how do you purchase these drops? Are they preventative?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 8:07 am
bmom1 wrote:
Where/how do you purchase these drops? Are they preventative?

They don't show any clinical trials, and they make health claims that aren't backed up by anything.

It's illegal to say "This WILL cure something" unless it's been proven in double blind testing. In non regulated supplements, the only thing you are allowed to say is "This MAY help with something" or "Some people find it helpful with...".

False and absolute claims are the first sign of a quack remedy. Desperate people will do anything, and other people are more than happy to profit from that.

I could tell you to put three drops of rose oil behind your ears, and your cold will be cured in 7 days. Never mind that most people get over a cold all on their own in 7 days. If everyone who puts rose oil on gets better in 7 days, does that mean that the rose oil is working? No, it just means that they smell nice.

If I put homeopathic Arnica 10x cream on a bruise, and it goes away in a day instead of a week, to me, that's more substantial proof. If I feel nauseous and take Nux Vomica 30x tablets and my stomach settles, that's a good thing. If I try to take Arnica tablets for nausea, they won't work, because it's not the right formula. That's how I know that Nux Vomica 30x is not a placebo effect in me.

In other words, you can use natural medicine, but you have to use seichel too. Be careful if anyone promises you the moon and the stars, and doesn't have any proof. "Testimonials" are almost always written by company marketing employees, not real patients.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 8:18 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
So these drops are extracted from spruce trees? Very interesting. Never heard of this before.

As far as I know, sassover rebbe doesn't have a medical background and doesn't claim to. I understood that he basically says this is a new virus, no one really knows what works, many people have used these drops successfully so why ban it. I guessing similar to the story with hydroxychloroquine being not used in us

As long as it's not toxic, I don't think it should be banned. I'm just worried about promoting it as a "cure all" without any scientific proof.

If you have 300 shekels a month to spare, give it a try. If you can't afford it and it truly is a miracle cure, will there be gemachim to provide for everyone who is low income? 300 shekels is a week's worth off groceries for me.

What if you have a family of twelve? 3,600 shekels a month is most people's rent on a small apartment.

If the Sassover rebbe tests positive for Corona and the drops don't cure him - will it get publicized far and wide? I doubt it. When was the last time ANY rebbe published a letter saying "Oops, I was wrong."?

The Torah says that "tefilla, tzedaka, and teshuvah" are what we need to do to protect our health.

Getting the vaccine is a good step forward, as is following basic health and hygiene guidelines, masks, and SD.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics