Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Another what color tights for this dress
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 5:40 pm
I've recently learned (to my complete surprise) from imamother that white tights and black shabbos shoes are a major no-no. My daughters (4,7, and 9) are wearing a light pink dress to a simcha next week. I can't wrap my head around black tights for this dress. (My 7 and 9 year olds don't wear short socks) so I'm double checking...black tights for this dress? Really?

https://www.janieandjack.com/I.....rt=10

(Their shabbos shoes are black, but I'm open to getting them a different color if need be)

Coffee beanz

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 5:51 pm
I think white tights can look good sometimes but I think light pink or black because of the black shoes could work. Also are they wearing a shell with it? If yes what color?

gingleale

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 5:51 pm
Definitely NOT black tights. I would do white tights with black shoes
(the horror) or a rose gold to match the metallic leaves on the dress.

Coffee beanz

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 5:52 pm
Rose gold is a nice idea gingleale

4g01o

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:00 pm
That dress is really a summer colour so it should go with light coloured shoes. Gold, white shoes etc and white tights. Its an adorable dress but definitely more summery so would look best leaving black out.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:03 pm
I would do black but if you really don't like it maybe grey?

amother
Green

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:13 pm
White or gold. Gold and silver and the neutrals I use most often

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:16 pm
Fab4 wrote:
That dress is really a summer colour so it should go with light coloured shoes. Gold, white shoes etc and white tights. Its an adorable dress but definitely more summery so would look best leaving black out.

It's got a big fur trim.
I think I'd try to match the tights with the gold.

Maryann

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:17 pm
Pink

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:18 pm
It's not a summery dress. It's a really thick material and the collar is a winter look. People wear light colors in the winter too.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:24 pm
Omg why are there hugs on this topic? Is there a color or opinion that's *that* bad that it's pitiful and needs a hug? Now I'm scared...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:24 pm
Coffee beanz wrote:
I think white tights can look good sometimes but I think light pink or black because of the black shoes could work. Also are they wearing a shell with it? If yes what color?

Yup they're wearing shells in the exact shade of pink

4g01o

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:26 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
It's not a summery dress. It's a really thick material and the collar is a winter look. People wear light colors in the winter too.

I said it's a summer colour. Plus it's short sleeved.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:33 pm
Fab4 wrote:

Why was there a need for this?
OP bought these dresses already, why make her feel self conscious that it's summery?

OP, for what it's worth I don't think it's summery. That fur makes that pretty obvious.

I wouldn't do black tights I'd rather do white or pink even with black shoes but if you it's an option to get them rose gold, white, or pink shoes then that would take it up a notch.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:38 pm
I wouldn't do black tights with those dresses. I think white or cream tights are fine with black patent leather shoes, esp for little girls.

chestnut

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:43 pm
Pale pink should work. I prefer white to black tights. This dress is so pretty

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Omg why are there hugs on this topic? Is there a color or opinion that's *that* bad that it's pitiful and needs a hug? Now I'm scared...

Someone is annoying the whole board by hugging every single comment on every post. Just ignore her.

chestnut

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:45 pm
Fab4 wrote:

The fur clearly makes it winter. My daughter has a beautiful light pink suede skirt. There are white and off white winter fabric outfits. I think Melania wore a very pretty light blue winter outfit to Trump's inaguratiob or another event.

Coffee beanz

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:56 pm
Its obviously a winter dress. The shell color sounds great. I still think pink, rose gold as first choices or maybe cream/white. Why dont you hold the dress up next to clothes or things that are those colors also near the shoes and see what you like. Mazel tov!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:59 pm
Coffee beanz wrote:
Its obviously a winter dress. The shell color sounds great. I still think pink, rose gold as first choices or maybe cream/white. Why dont you hold the dress up next to clothes or things that are those colors also near the shoes and see what you like. Mazel tov!

Lol because to me, white tights with patent black shabbos shoes sounds like the obvious choice for any light dress. But there were two threads here recently where everyone was saying that white or cream tights are an absolute NO even for a white dress. (One was a white and gold dress that someone described, one was a white dress with black bows that someone linked on the green velvet dress thread.)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics