Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Baseboard Heating Ideas

frum_lady

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 8:48 pm
We moved into a house that has baseboard heating - I hate the way it looks. Anyone have baseboards and come up with a nice way to cover them? I checked Pinterest but not to thrilled with the ideas there...

abaker

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 9:34 pm
Is changing the baseboard heating to a real furnace an option? Baseboard heating is far less efficient and so much more expensive on a monthly basis. We rented a house with baseboard heating while we were waiting for our house to be ready and boy was it expensive. Just wanted to let you know that in the long run it might be better. Some electric companies even offer rebates/incentives for purchasing/financing a furnace with them.

frum_lady

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 9:54 pm
abaker wrote:
Is changing the baseboard heating to a real furnace an option? Baseboard heating is far less efficient and so much more expensive on a monthly basis. We rented a house with baseboard heating while we were waiting for our house to be ready and boy was it expensive. Just wanted to let you know that in the long run it might be better. Some electric companies even offer rebates/incentives for purchasing/financing a furnace with them.

I'm wondering if you mean electric baseboard heating, because ours is hot-water - and if you google it, its supposed to be very efficient. We don't see our heating bills being super high at all. When we moved in I really really wanted to switch over, but the couple of plumbers that I asked said that the heat it gives off is really good that we shouldn't mess with it.

So now I just want to make it look nice...

abaker

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 9:56 pm
Oh yes that's what I was thinking of. Sorry the electric baseboard heating (in a very cold climate) was quite expensive. Can you post a pic of the type you have? So we can try to help you think of a way for it to look nicer? Did you check pinterest?

frum_lady

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 10:03 pm
abaker wrote:
Oh yes that's what I was thinking of. Sorry the electric baseboard heating (in a very cold climate) was quite expensive. Can you post a pic of the type you have? So we can try to help you think of a way for it to look nicer? Did you check pinterest?

Looks something like this -

https://justcallmehomegirl.com.....s.jpg

I checked pinterest, but I'm not loving anything....

North Star

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 10:18 pm
What about something like this?

frum_lady

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 10:22 pm
North Star wrote:
What about something like this?

Thanks, yeah I saw those..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars