Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
To all anti vaxers, I'm alone in this situation
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

wiki

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 9:53 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
[/b]

I believe that is true only on things that have to do with Avodat Hashem, Torah, Tefillah, Gemulat Chesed(sorry if the spelling is wrong)

I’m not an anti-vaxer, BUT I don’t trust this vaccine when it’s funded by someone who has openly said he is pro lowering the.population of the world

That being said, can someone verify to me if a female gets the vaccine she should not get pregnant for 3 months. And is this true to all vaccines

There are women who got the vaccine in clinical trials who have since gotten pregnant.

There is no medical reason to have any whit of concern about an mRNA vaccine doing anything to pregnancy, just like how you wouldn't think twice about your childhood vaccinations doing anything harmful to your adult pregnancies.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 10:00 am
Does anyone know yet if this will be a yearly vaccine like the flu shot or a one time thing with 2 doses? Since corona mutates, will they constantly have to tweak the vaccine each year? That is what I’m worried about.

thanks

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 10:54 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
thats my point. saying what would have been is denying hashem.
I clearly stated that it wasn't Hashem plan. Not apikursus. I believe Hashem is involved in every aspect of our life, including the discovery of the vaccine at this time.

Last edited by thanks on Thu, Dec 24 2020, 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total

thanks

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 11:00 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
How can there be a vaccine for a virus we don't know much about? It's impossible for a vaccine & it's side effects to be studied in such a short time, especially when they don't know everything about the virus yet.

We have made great advancements in science and modern medicine. It's amazing how quickly they were able to discover the vaccine, actually two similar but different vaccines, put them thru quick trials and come up with scientific evidence that the vaccine will trigger immune response. I understand the apprehension since there is no precedence for this. In the last 100 years, there was no pandemic to which we needed a quick solution. I'm not worried about side effects since the science behind this vaccine is not new. Additionally, we are seeing long term side effects from people who got covid.

Once again I say thank you Hashem!

Last edited by thanks on Thu, Dec 24 2020, 12:21 am; edited 2 times in total

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 11:01 am
thanks wrote:
I clearly stated that it wasn't Hashem plan. Not apikursus. I bieve Hashem is in volved in every aspect of our life, including the discovery of the vaccine at this time.

I don't call this vaccine a discovery. They made it up and decided it's going to help.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 11:04 am
thanks wrote:
We have made great advancements in science and modern medicine. It's amazing how quickly they were able to discover the vaccine, actually two similar but different vaccines, put them thru quick trials and come up with scientific evidence that the vaccine will trigger immune response. I'm not worried about side effects since the science behind this vaccine is not new. Additionally, we are seeing long term side effects from people who got covid.

Once again I say thank you Hashem!

It's not amazing to put vaccines out so fast!!!! It doesn’t have to do with science and modern medicine at all! It's not amazing that it went through trial so fast because it didn't go through enough trial at all!!! This is a new virus that they don't know enough about to be able to make a vaccine for it. It's just impossible. It takes years to study a virus, especially a virus that keeps changing. It also takes years to study a vaccine.

doodlesmom

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 11:05 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
im an anti vaxxer who had to vaccinate my kids last year so that they can stay in school since the law changed in ny. my dh is very pro vax but went along with anti vax "craziness" until last year but once it became a public thing and affected schools he was adamant and I did what I had to do. so I totally understand the fear the loneliness and needing to trust hashem that he guided you to your beliefs but also guided your dh to his and put the two of you together. honestly twas the hardest part for me watching other couples navigate this same issue together while dh and I were not on the same page. we argued a lot about it but I came to a place of acceptance; hashem put me here, gave me these kids, this dh and I raised my hands to him. we do what we think is the right hishtadlus but nothing is foolproof and he runs the show whether you vax or you dont. thats the bottom line, whats not in your control, let go and let g-d

Off topic but I’m curious if your kids were negatively affected by the vaccines in the end? We’re your fears unfounded?

thanks

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 11:07 am
I don't call this vaccine a discovery. They made it up and decided it's going to help.

Can you prove that?
I understand why it's hard to trust anybody in power, but I think you are mistaken. There is no way they can be putting out a placebo and hoping noone will realize.
I admire how Israel is distributing the vaccine, and especially making sure nursing home patients and care givers are immunized. I hope everyone gets over their fear so we can take advantage of this remarkable solution Hashem has presented us with.

thanks

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 11:14 am
It's not amazing to put vaccines out so fast!!!! It doesn’t have to do with science and modern medicine at all! It's not amazing that it went through trial so fast because it didn't go through enough trial at all!!! This is a new virus that they don't know enough about to be able to make a vaccine for it. It's just impossible. It takes years to study a virus, especially a virus that keeps changing. It also takes years to study a vaccine.

The proof is in the porridge. There is scientific evidence that this vaccine will generate an immune response. There have been short trials to prove it. It's has even been tested and proven safe for pregnant women. The proof they have was reviewed and approved.
Just because it took them longer years ago doesn't mean they cannot improve and speed up the process. Where's your proof that they need more time? Is it just a gut reaction? Is based on historical precedence (which I think is irrelevant)?

elsily

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 11:16 am
thanks wrote:
The proof is in the porridge. There is scientific evidence that this vaccine will generate an immune response. There have been short trials to prove it. It's has even been tested and proven safe for pregnant women. The proof they have was reviewed and approved.
Just because it took them longer years ago doesn't mean they cannot improve and speed up the process. Where's your proof that they need more time? Is it just a gut reaction? Is based on historical precedence (which I think is irrelevant)?

Can we be friends? Hi

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 11:17 am
thanks wrote:

My proof is common sense. Please answer this question: How can there already be a "safe" vaccine for a new virus that they don't know everything about??? It doesn't even begin to make sense. They keep changing their minds about how the virus works, how can there be a vaccine for it already??

elsily

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 11:25 am
My proof is common sense. Please answer this question: How can there already be a "safe" vaccine for a new virus that they don't know everything about??? It doesn't even begin to make sense. They keep changing their minds about how the virus works, how can there be a vaccine for it already??

mRNA vaccines are not new. Research has been going on since the 90s. There was almost a SARS vaccine before covid. Both are Coronaviruses. It was proven safe in the clinical trials. There were three phases as well as animal studies. Have you read the clinical data? It’s available for all to read on pubmed. Just Google it. The vaccine works and is safe. There is no scientific reason that an mRNA vaccine would cause long term issues so don’t offer that as your excuse please.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 11:27 am

It takes a very long time to know 'everything' about a virus. We have a lot more information about this virus than we did about smallpox when that vaccine was invented - they didn't even know the difference between viruses and bacteria then. No one knew the genetic code of polio when that vaccine was invented. The thought of designing mRNA was more fantasy than science when the measles vaccine was invented. The learning process is ongoing. Science has advanced to allow us to amass a huge amount of knowledge in a short time.

We know that in the short term the virus is safe. Beyond that, it's a calculated risk, balanced against what we know of the difficulties of living in our current situation.

thanks

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 11:37 am
elsily wrote:
Can we be friends? Hi
We already are! I love you and everyone here. I'm sorry for those that are fearful of a vaccine that seems to be so helpful given the current situation we find ourselves in.

Last edited by thanks on Thu, Dec 24 2020, 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total

thanks

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 11:39 am
[quote="thanks"]
elsily wrote:
Can we be friends? Hi
We already are! I love you and everyone here. I'm sorry for those that are fearful of a vaccine that seems to be so helpful given the current situation we find ourselves in.

Last edited by thanks on Thu, Dec 24 2020, 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 11:43 am
I don't understand how anyone in their right mind can take a vaccine that wasn't studied enough and the side effects aren't known. It's scarier than Covid.

Let me try to help you understand. Perhaps you are fortunate that you did not lose any close family members or friends to Covid. Perhaps you are fortunate not to be acquainted with the many suffering from long term permanent side effects from Covid, that may need a lung transplant or support breathing- including those who did not have any prior medical conditions. Those are definitive proven possible consequences of Covid. While the vaccine might not have a long history, it definitely is the safer option of the two. I certainly wouldn't wish Covid on anyone, sooner than the vaccine.

mandr

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 11:45 am
I don't get why everyone is so freaked out at the speed with which this shot was created. This was called operation Warp Speed. That means that many labs simultaneously were all completely focused on this task of creating a covid vaccine and spent their resources and money on this one project.

Think of yourself before Pesach. Do you for one second think that the cleaning you do the two weeks before Pesach is not good enough because it happened "so fast"? It's probably your BEST cleaning of the year. At least in my house! Because I am focused and devote many of my waking hours cleaning and preparing my home. '

So that's what they did with the vaccine. It wasn't a last minute rush job like you're all thinking it is.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 11:47 am
I'm not anti vaxx but I'm not getting the covid vaccine for no money. I thought every person that has a bit of common sense isn’t getting the covid vaccine. Not getting the covid vaccine doesn't fall into the anti vaxx category.

Really tell that to be my previously employeed, active 80 yr old neighbor who lives alone who has had no human contact for 8 months. Who missed a grand daughter wedding. Who spent pesach, shavous, succos, Chanukah alone.

Can you not understand that there are ppl out there literally mentally dieing for this shot?

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 11:54 am
thanks wrote:

Which one was tested on pregnant women? All I've seen is eveyone saying none of them were and vaccines and meds usually are never tested on pregnant women.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 11:55 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Really tell that to be my previously employeed, active 80 yr old neighbor who lives alone who has had no human contact for 8 months. Who missed a grand daughter wedding. Who spent pesach, shavous, succos, Chanukah alone.

Can you not understand that there are ppl out there literally mentally dieing for this shot?

By all means, elderly and high risk people should take it. If they're anyways locked into the house for months already, they almost have nothing to lose.
But there's no reason young and healthy people that have been going on with their lives for months now should be taking it.
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics