Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
To all anti vaxers, I'm alone in this situation
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

thanks

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 11:58 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Which one was tested on pregnant women? All I've seen is eveyone saying none of them were and vaccines and meds usually are never tested on pregnant women.

I believe it's the Pfizer. I heard it on a talk with a doctor from shaarei tzeddek. He said it's been proven safe at this time for pregnant women.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 12:00 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
By all means, elderly and high risk people should take it. If they're anyways locked into the house for months already, they almost have nothing to lose.
But there's no reason young and healthy people that have been going on with their lives for months now should be taking it.

Personally I won’t take it now. But I will encourage my parents to take it. I’d like them back in our lives.
Ppl in the medical field are exposed to tons of virul overload which can be much more dangerous. For them it also makes sense

I had been responding to someone who said they can’t understand why anyone would take this shot. For some it’s literally saving them from a life of being alone.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 12:02 pm
thanks wrote:
I believe it's the Pfizer. I heard it on a talk with a doctor from shaarei tzeddek. He said it's been proven safe at this time for pregnant women.

Just googled it. It has not been tested. Doctors are basically saying we don't know the effects so why not give it? The risk of COVID is big with pregnancy and the risk of the vaccine is unknown so go with the unknown? Sounds idiotic to me.

I'll wait till after my baby.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 12:04 pm
elsily wrote:
mRNA vaccines are not new. Research has been going on since the 90s. There was almost a SARS vaccine before covid. Both are Coronaviruses. It was proven safe in the clinical trials. There were three phases as well as animal studies. Have you read the clinical data? It’s available for all to read on pubmed. Just Google it. The vaccine works and is safe. There is no scientific reason that an mRNA vaccine would cause long term issues so don’t offer that as your excuse please.

Yes and those animal studies they did are extremely concerning.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 12:06 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:

And humans aren't animals.

thanks

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 12:08 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Just googled it. It has not been tested. Doctors are basically saying we don't know the effects so why not give it? The risk of COVID is big with pregnancy and the risk of the vaccine is unknown so go with the unknown? Sounds idiotic to me.

I'll wait till after my baby.

That's old information. When I have a chance, I'll listen to the talk again and find the current updated study.
If you want to wait, it's your choice, just don't come to my Simcha or visit my elderly mother without a mask. Maybe if you have antibodies I would make an exception.
And I hope you'll be considerate of other people too, and careful to protect yourself.

Last edited by thanks on Wed, Dec 23 2020, 12:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 12:10 pm
thanks wrote:

I'm not saying the vaccine isnot the lesser of 2 evils, but regarding pregnant woman is one transparent lie you gotta be quite foolish to believe.
How long does a pregnancy last? How long is the vaccine available? How long does it take to see development of a newborn? How long does it take to figure out whether conditions during fetal development affect/ed development?
The timeline simply doesn't match up.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 12:11 pm
thanks wrote:
The doctor said that's old information. When I have a chance, I'll listen to the talk again and find the current updated study.
If you want to wait, it's your choice, just don't come to my Simcha or visit my elderly mother without a mask. Maybe if you have antibodies I would make an exception

Yeah they tested it on pregnant rats for a few days. That literally means nothing in the long term for pregnant humans.

amother
cornflower

I also heard the insert says wait 2 months after the vaccine before becoming pregnant. If any one in healthcare here can get one and read it for all of us imas, does or does it not say that?

It all works out that the high risk/exposure can get it first so there are more "studies" before it reaches the time to decide for everyone else.

amother
Amethyst

thanks wrote:
The doctor said that's old information. When I have a chance, I'll listen to the talk again and find the current updated study.
If you want to wait, it's your choice, just don't come to my Simcha or visit my elderly mother without a mask. Maybe if you have antibodies I would make an exception.
And I hope you'll be considerate of other people too, and careful to protect yourself.

People having a different opinion as you isn't a reason to be rude. Your opinion isn't the only correct one.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 12:12 pm
mandr wrote:
I don't get why everyone is so freaked out at the speed with which this shot was created. This was called operation Warp Speed. That means that many labs simultaneously were all completely focused on this task of creating a covid vaccine and spent their resources and money on this one project.

Think of yourself before Pesach. Do you for one second think that the cleaning you do the two weeks before Pesach is not good enough because it happened "so fast"? It's probably your BEST cleaning of the year. At least in my house! Because I am focused and devote many of my waking hours cleaning and preparing my home. '

So that's what they did with the vaccine. It wasn't a last minute rush job like you're all thinking it is.

Exactly. Plus there is usually bureaucratic wait time until the various agencies look at your proposal, more wait time while you search for funding for the research, more wait time while you search for appropriate and interested trial candidates, etc.

Here they cut the red tape so it didn't take months for the proposals to even be read, it didn't take months for high-ups to "think about" approving the proposals, funding was made available immediately, and trial candidates were easily found (from what I understood - more people volunteered for the trials than usual, and trials included more people than usual). All of that significantly cut the amount of time it took from proposal to approved vaccine (and there were some vaccines that didn't make the cut, for various reasons).

In addition, countries (and labs) are usually very uptight about sharing their research that is in process. This time, scientists all over the world worked together to help each other and share information gathered about the virus. This also significantly contributed to how much information researchers had to go on when developing the vaccine.

thanks

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 12:18 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
I'm not saying the vaccine isnot the lesser of 2 evils, but regarding pregnant woman is one transparent lie you gotta be quite foolish to believe.
How long does a pregnancy last? How long is the vaccine available? How long does it take to see development of a newborn? How long does it take to figure out whether conditions during fetal development affect/ed development?
The timeline simply doesn't match up.

I believe it's been proven that it doesn't pass to the fetus. The time line for testing that may not be the full gestation period.

elsily

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 12:21 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:

Concerning for what? I read the clinical data on the vaccine. Nothing concerning.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 12:28 pm
I was also torn about getting it. What I realized is that not a single person has died from the Covid vaccine however 1.72 MILLION ppl have died from Covid worldwide. 0 to 1.72 million. With those numbers my mind has been made up

bunchagirlies

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 12:33 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
[/b]

That being said, can someone verify to me if a female gets the vaccine she should not get pregnant for 3 months. And is this true to all vaccines

It is true for some vaccines. MMR, for one

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 12:39 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
I was also torn about getting it. What I realized is that not a single person has died from the Covid vaccine however 1.72 MILLION ppl have died from Covid worldwide. 0 to 1.72 million. With those numbers my mind has been made up

Because no one has died it doesn't mean that there are no side effects that may come out later.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 12:40 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Because no one has died it doesn't mean that there are no side effects that may come out later.

The delayed side effects of covid itself are pretty common, and pretty bad....

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 12:41 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:

Covid has been around for soooo much longer than the vaccine. Incomparable

causemommysaid

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 1:12 pm
I'm not getting into whether it's safe or not.

I believe it probably is a safe vaccine.

What really bothers me is the gaslighting.

This is a brand new vaccine. As such, there are legitimate reasons to wait a while and see what the effects are.

Those of us who give every vaccine to every baby on time are not idiots who don't understand science just because we want to wait this one out a while. We aren't conspiracy theorists who think big pharma is out to get us.

We just want the time to see the results. If that doesn't work for you, by all means go get vaccinated. I don't ridicule your decision. But have some respect and don't ridicule mine.

Stop insisting you know everything. You don't. Only time will tell, at which point I will happily roll up my sleeve.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 1:23 pm
What bothers me is the ppl in the medical field are “snickering at us lay people” for thinking we know better than them. Fact: plenty of doctors get things wrong! Just because u went to medical school doesn’t make you an expert on everything. I went college too and I have common sense. It’s ridiculous all your claims of “absolutely fine just some soreness on the area” and “mRNA vaccines have been researched for awhile already.” Wait a few years then you can educate us lay people properly.
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics