Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Shopping for Twins

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 12:52 am
Experienced Moms, what did you buy 2 of in advance and what is it enough to have one of?

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 1:09 am
We got 2 bassinets (actually 4, 2 for upstairs and 2 for downstairs to make our lives easier). They were inexpensive ones that have tops that zip all the way closed, which was great when my then-2yo was playing (he couldn't accidentally hit them with a ball or something). We also got 2 carseats and a double snap'n'go, 2 exersaucers (although 1 probably would have been fine, but it was so cute watching them play side by side!). 2 rock'n'plays which were awesome but I think have since been recalled. A whole bunch of Velcro swaddles. 2 high chair seats that connect to a regular chair. I'm already past the baby stage, so I'm trying to think what else... 2 cribs. Most toys we just got one. one play mat, one diaper bag, 10 zillion diapers...

Do you have questions about specific items?

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 1:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Experienced Moms, what did you buy 2 of in advance and what is it enough to have one of?

One double stroller 😉
Dont let anyone try to convince you that twins are two for the price of one....
So far there’s no change in my pocket.

Teomima

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 1:51 am
We needed doubles of very little. Two cribs, though not at first. Two car seats, obviously. A double stroller. A variety of baby carriers. But otherwise, we had one bouncy chair, one swing, one playmat, one infant bath...oh eventually two high chairs (the cheap ones from Ikea. They work perfectly, last forever, and are stackable plus easily dismantled).

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 12:37 am
Thanks for the responses. Would you start twins off in a pack n play bassinet or too small?
I don't have a full size crib.

What about where did they spend most of their awake time? Truth is my son loved the rock n play both for napping and playing, but yes it has been recalled.
So on my main floor, do I need 2 bassinets for napping and 2 bouncy seats for awake time?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 12:38 am
Kiwi13 wrote:
We got 2 bassinets (actually 4, 2 for upstairs and 2 for downstairs to make our lives easier). They were inexpensive ones that have tops that zip all the way closed, which was great when my then-2yo was playing (he couldn't accidentally hit them with a ball or something). We also got 2 carseats and a double snap'n'go, 2 exersaucers (although 1 probably would have been fine, but it was so cute watching them play side by side!). 2 rock'n'plays which were awesome but I think have since been recalled. A whole bunch of Velcro swaddles. 2 high chair seats that connect to a regular chair. I'm already past the baby stage, so I'm trying to think what else... 2 cribs. Most toys we just got one. one play mat, one diaper bag, 10 zillion diapers...

Do you have questions about specific items?

I'm thinking like you that I need place for them to sleep at night upstairs but nap on the main floor, what inexpensive bassinet did you buy? Did you like it?

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 1:57 am
Yes to the 2 bassinets/cribs/high chairs/car seats
Double stroller
I got two exacausers which I’m happy about bc when they’re both in there happy and entertaining each other I can do whatever I want!!
I have one swing and one bouncer seat. You don’t need two of each, but make sure you have at least one thing to put each baby in at the same time if that makes sense. For relaxing when they’re younger, drinking bottles, etc.
if you want, get two swings bc you’ll treasure the times when they’re both quiet!
I had the bouncers/swing and a double z twin hoppy pillow on the wide part of an L couch to put them in. You can get two bassinets if you want instead but make sure you have something else to put them in when they’re awake

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 2:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm thinking like you that I need place for them to sleep at night upstairs but nap on the main floor, what inexpensive bassinet did you buy? Did you like it?

I got these:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dre.....=true

It comes in a bunch of colors, requires almost no assembly, and you can get them cheaper depending on which colors you pick.

I loved them! The "mattresses" are on the flat side, but you can throw the whole thing in the wash (no sheets needed) and I loved that! These things are very lightweight and easy to fold and move.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 8:54 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
One double stroller 😉
Dont let anyone try to convince you that twins are two for the price of one....
So far there’s no change in my pocket.

Your also wrong.
It’s two for the price of three.

Experienced mom of twins

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 9:29 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Your also wrong.
It’s two for the price of three.

Experienced mom of twins

Eh. You save on some things and spend more on others. In my experience it more or less evens out. The major expenses that hit you double all at once feel bigger though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more