Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Pfizer vaccine - CDC report
Previous  1  2

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 4:05 pm
Off topic - but where are all you Israelis getting vaccinated if you are under 60 and not at risk?

And in the main kuppot - Maccabbi and Clalit. I know tons of people waiting to get vaccinated but it's nearly impossible unless you wait for two hours at closing time and hope the leftover vaccines aren't finished by the time your turn comes.

(I know for some reason Meuhedet and Leumit are more flexible with the vaccines).

My friends drove all the way to one of the Arab villages to get vaccinated. There were tons of Jews there (it had been posted on facebook). They were super friendly, got vaccinated, rumor got round and the crowds came. Police showed up and told everyone to leave. Now they are back to only vaccinating over 60s.

So where can a younger person get vaccinated these days? (clalilt/maccabi)

etky

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 4:15 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Off topic - but where are all you Israelis getting vaccinated if you are under 60 and not at risk?

And in the main kuppot - Maccabbi and Clalit. I know tons of people waiting to get vaccinated but it's nearly impossible unless you wait for two hours at closing time and hope the leftover vaccines aren't finished by the time your turn comes.

(I know for some reason Meuhedet and Leumit are more flexible with the vaccines).

My friends drove all the way to one of the Arab villages to get vaccinated. There were tons of Jews there (it had been posted on facebook). They were super friendly, got vaccinated, rumor got round and the crowds came. Police showed up and told everyone to leave. Now they are back to only vaccinating over 60s.

So where can a younger person get vaccinated these days? (clalilt/maccabi)

So, that is exactly what we did, at Misgav Ladach, during the first week that they were vaccinating.
But the policy changes all the time. I told friends who went just a few days later and they were turned away.
I know several couples under 60 who were sent by Meuchedet on Sunday to various places in the Jerusalem area to get vaccinated, but already the next day my sister was told that there were no more appointments for under 60's.
Friends on Maccabi and Clalit had other stories and situations and some were successful in getting vaccinated and others not. I think all the big kuppot now have stopped vaccinating under 60's, although I know that Leumit in Beitar were still offering it and might still be offering it tomorrow too.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 4:25 pm
etky wrote:
So, that is exactly what we did, at Misgav Ladach, during the first week that they were vaccinating.
But the policy changes all the time. I told friends who went just a few days later and they were turned away.
I know several couples under 60 who were sent by Meuchedet on Sunday to various places in the Jerusalem area to get vaccinated, but already the next day my sister was told that there were no more appointments for under 60's.
Friends on Maccabi and Clalit had other stories and situations and some were successful in getting vaccinated and others not. I think all the big kuppot now have stopped vaccinating under 60's, although I know that Leumit in Beitar were still offering it and might still be offering it tomorrow too.

OK, thanks. I was just wondering if there is some secret I am not in on.
I am on a facebook group with updates as to where there are extra vaccines that are about to be thrown out - but I can't just drive two hours to Yerucham or something at the last minute.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 4:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/a.....K.pdf

Out of 112,807 people who received the first dose of the Pfizer covid vaccine, 3,150 of them had "health impact events" which means they were unable to perform daily activities, unable to work, or required care from a doctor or health care professional."

My pediatrician said he got very ill for a full day after getting the shot
He already had COVID
Said missing one day of work still worth it.
Will still take second shot even if it means getting sick again.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 4:34 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
PEG is in many substances but it does seem like the PEG is the culprit in this case.

Yes it is in many things that are not injected. Just like vapes, some things are safe to eat but not to inhale into lungs. Different processes, different outcomes.

FF, you just do the math- what percent risk group are you in vs what percent are having scary, not mild, reactions.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics