Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Why No Grab n Go in Brooklyn But Yes in Lakewood???
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 12:53 pm
Why aren't the schools in Brooklyn doing weekend food boxes and so many schools in Lakewood are still doing it???

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 12:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Why aren't the schools in Brooklyn doing weekend food boxes and so many schools in Lakewood are still doing it???

My siblings in Williamsburg and BP are getting weekend boxes. I'm getting in Monsey. Many Schools in Monsey are giving.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 12:56 pm
Ya! its a part every single bingle week in lakewood. nonstop food exchanges going on on the neighborhood chat

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 12:59 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
My siblings in Williamsburg and BP are getting weekend boxes. I'm getting in Monsey. Many Schools in Monsey are giving.

Monsey is still giving? I signed up for food boxes with Bas Mikroh and they sent an email a few weeks ago that they are waiting for govt approval and since then we havent gotten anything

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 1:03 pm
We are getting still in Teaneck, but isn’t it going to end at some point?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 1:12 pm
Which BP schools are giving ?

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 1:15 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
We are getting still in Teaneck, but isn’t it going to end at some point?
originally it was through December. But it was then extended to the end of the school year.
I thought it was a federal program so should be everywhere.
This is also why school lunches are free if you typical pay (it’s a $200/month savings for me Very Happy)
Baltimore is also still giving. Plus they get produce boxes for all ages.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 1:17 pm
We have it in Manhattan

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 1:25 pm
My husband was told by a (Brooklyn) Cheder administrator that they originally thought there would be adequate government funding for the distributions but that it wasn’t worth the hassle - (I assume they thought they could profit from it and they can’t).

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 1:27 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Monsey is still giving? I signed up for food boxes with Bas Mikroh and they sent an email a few weeks ago that they are waiting for govt approval and since then we havent gotten anything

Afew schools are giving but only to their students.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 1:29 pm
I'm not getting in Monsey either. Is there a secret I need to know? lol

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 1:40 pm
I also was wondering about monsey. Bas mikroh isnt giving anymore it seems....

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 1:41 pm
ShishKabob wrote:

The schools that give is only to their students. Some chassidish schools are giving.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 6:41 pm
My husband was told by a (Brooklyn) Cheder administrator that they originally thought there would be adequate government funding for the distributions but that it wasn’t worth the hassle - (I assume they thought they could profit from it and they can’t).

So in Lakewood they are making a profit but not in Brooklyn?

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 7:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

So in Lakewood they are making a profit but not in Brooklyn?
No one is making a profit. That would be against regulations. There are many Lakewood volunteers that are willing to put in the work to make it happen.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 8:05 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
No one is making a profit. That would be against regulations. There are many Lakewood volunteers that are willing to put in the work to make it happen.

I don’t think they are volunteers. They get paid. They can bill the govt for the administrative costs.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 10:27 pm
ShishKabob wrote:

Seems that it depends on the school you send to. Not either receiving here in Brooklyn.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Dec 25 2020, 1:35 am
I haven't gotten any food package in months. Would be such a huge help. Wish they would give out here in Boro park

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Dec 25 2020, 7:24 am
I was getting in BP until Chanukah. This week they said that the program is over:(
Anyone in boro park still giving?

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Dec 25 2020, 9:11 am
Not everyone got approved for the program some fought it and some gave up. But all the schools that are giving at this point is only for the students of there school , and forms had to be filled out. I’m in monsey.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries