Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Costa Rica for first timers

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 25 2020, 11:48 am
Where to stay Near kosher food
Is there a place with daily minyan
What are must see attractions

Batsheva1

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 5:58 am
We went to Costa Rica 2 years ago. There are two main touristy sides of C.R. depending on what you want to do. The beach side and the volcano side. They are about 4 hours away from each other. We stayed on the volcano side. The only place there is anything resembling kosher food (I have no idea about a daily minyan, but it's unlikely) is in San Jose where they have a Chabad. That is nowhere near the beach or the volcano. We brought our own food (meal mart meals that you can microwave, a sandwich maker for grilled cheese, tuna, deli.) We bought fruits and vegetables there. We enjoyed our trip but if it's not N.Y. or Israel. If you want to go you have to understand that. We stayed at our hotel for shabbos alone and made the best of it. We saw one other frum couple when we were there so there's not much in the way of Jewish stuff. I don't know what else to tell you. Good luck!

ladYdI

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 6:20 am
There’s a group going over yeshiva week that I saw advertised.
There is Izu's hotel in Jaco, Costa Rica Which has a kosher restaurant

L K

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 6:29 am
Batsheva1 wrote:
We went to Costa Rica 2 years ago. There are two main touristy sides of C.R. depending on what you want to do. The beach side and the volcano side. They are about 4 hours away from each other. We stayed on the volcano side. The only place there is anything resembling kosher food (I have no idea about a daily minyan, but it's unlikely) is in San Jose where they have a Chabad. That is nowhere near the beach or the volcano. We brought our own food (meal mart meals that you can microwave, a sandwich maker for grilled cheese, tuna, deli.) We bought fruits and vegetables there. We enjoyed our trip but if it's not N.Y. or Israel. If you want to go you have to understand that. We stayed at our hotel for shabbos alone and made the best of it. We saw one other frum couple when we were there so there's not much in the way of Jewish stuff. I don't know what else to tell you. Good luck!

Did you buy sandwich maker there, asking because of voltage.

How did you handle hotel and Shabbos, like doors, key locks etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics