Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
A personality observation

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 10:56 pm
I’ve been reading some of the personality threads going on here lately. There were a few circulating last weeks discussing the annaegram and I see a thread now “are u like ur mom or ur dad”.
I’m took some of these personality tests in the past but I looked them up again cuz I was curious and it really struck me how much we change over time! I’m turning 30 this year. We are trying to survive amid a global pandemic. You’re asking me if I’m more like my mom or dad? What would they have been like at my age with my circumstances?! Our experiences really mold us; it’s hard to know what we would have been like in another time and place...
one of the things that struck me, was a lot of questions on personality tests try to get to the bottom of - are you a leader, are u a perfectionist, are u the one giving your opinion, organizing events etc. This was me at 20-28. Oldest girl in my family: arranger of all anniversary party for the parents, gifts for the sick family member, making all appts for hair makeup and gowns by weddings. When it comes to my kids, always volunteering for class mother, on the board of the school functions etc. so l would have checked all of those boxes. But now, I’m just not interested. I’m done. I want a calm home life. I want peace. I don’t want my phone buzzing non stop I hate the busyness and distractions. I just want to take a back seat. It’s odd but I have a completely different read on a personality chart now then I did a year ago...
p.s I was a 9 on a test last week

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 11:01 pm
I was similarly surprised but also not surprised to get totally different results on a personality assessment in late 2020 than on previous takes. this year is a game-changer. I'll try again in a few months and see what happens then 🤷‍♀️
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics