Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Can you possibly help? Do you know??

underthestars

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 2:32 pm
Hi,
A family member writes a short dvar Torah/pasha summary every week which is written for Jews (from no background to Jews who are observant). We are looking for other avenues, such as groups, shuls, etc that could be interested in adding this to their weekly email bulletin that they already send out. I’m trying to help this family member make connections with other communities to have this introduced. Since many people are concerned about giving out email addresses, it can be arranged that the Rav or head of a group contact this family member (or if someone would like to PM me info, he can contact them himself), and arrange to just have it included in a newsletter/bulletin already being sent out to congregants. Does anyone have ideas/suggestions to help get the word out? Also, if anyone reading this would be interested for themselves, feel free to PM me an email address & I will ask that the name be added to the list. Instead of it being sent to hundreds (as of now), the goal is to increase it to thousands. I really enjoy the weekly “Vort” & especially enjoy the story that illustrates whatever the topic of the week is.

I appreciate any and all help with this.

advocate

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 2:55 pm
Hatzlacha rabba!

Is the writer opposed to posting it on the internet? Obviously, it will spread more quickly that way, as people appreciate it and forward it.

While I can find a new Torah video every moment, a deaf Jew does not have that same opportunity. If the dvar Torah was recorded, with accurate captions, this would do a great chesed to the Jewish deaf community!

Also, it would make it searchable by Google and other search engines, would make it possible to watch on a train or with a sleeping roommate, and support older people with age-related hearing loss.

Happy to help!

underthestars

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 3:06 pm
Advocate,
Thanks so much for such a quick response. At this time it is only sent via email. I will though bring your ideas to his attention. It certainly is a good idea. Thank you

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 6:07 pm
You can use mailchimp for people to subscribe without putting their email at risk, I think

underthestars

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 7:28 pm
Seeker,
I never heard of mailchimp- I will mention it & check it out. Thank you
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics