Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Having strong charge against INTJ's
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Zehava

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 4:10 pm
lk1234 wrote:
The more I read the posts here the more I realize that it is not just their giftedness, but just that even on an emotional level, things that get me so irritated are like nothing to INTJs. The ability for them to let things go, that "it is what it is" attitude. Even in the area that I as an ISFJ may excel - emotional world - I can never outdo the INTJ because they don't take things to heart as much. Can anyone relate? What would be a downside to their not taking things so personally, and focusing more on the theoretical world?

They really struggle with empathy and connection

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 4:18 pm
Zehava wrote:
They really struggle with empathy and connection

The empathy part I relate to. It's been a struggle for me and a skill I had to work to acquire.
The connection part is where I don't relate at all. I always had very deep and close relationships with the important people in my life. Is this out of character for INTJ?

Zehava

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 4:19 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
The empathy part I relate to. It's been a struggle for me and a skill I had to work to acquire.
The connection part is where I don't relate at all. I always had very deep and close relationships with the important people in my life. Is this out of character for INTJ?

Nurture plays a big role in this I think

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 4:25 pm
Zehava wrote:
Nurture plays a big role in this I think

Makes sense. My mother is INFP-T. We had a co-dependent relationship growing up.
I think she also taught me empathy by example.

zaq

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 4:26 pm
And I thought things were complicated when the only "types" anyone talked about were SWJF, DWJM, and the like.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 5:01 pm
I’m an ENTP, and it’s funny how in some ways I’m so similar to INTJ but in some ways soo different ! I actually don’t get along well Or am impressed with that type. Different strokes for different folks.

lk1234

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 5:10 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I’m an ENTP, and it’s funny how in some ways I’m so similar to INTJ but in some ways soo different ! I actually don’t get along well Or am impressed with that type. Different strokes for different folks.

Can you elaborate?

Zehava

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 5:26 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Makes sense. My mother is INFP-T. We had a co-dependent relationship growing up.
I think she also taught me empathy by example.

Makes sense then! The only INTJ friend I had who was completely emotionally literate had a mom who totally got her and modeled empathy.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics