Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Any type 8s here?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 3:49 pm
How do you control your middos?

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 4:34 pm
I know someone who I think is an 8
She is a bully, opinionated, & I never want to get into any discussion with her b/c she is ‘always’ right.

I think this is her nature. I try as hard as I can to stay far away from her

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 5:33 pm
I'm a nine and I hate working with 8's
It's hard that they try to dominate your right when they walk into a room and they started conflicts for no reason

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 6:37 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
I'm a nine and I hate working with 8's
It's hard that they try to dominate your right when they walk into a room and they started conflicts for no reason

Supposedly 8 and 9 is a good match lol.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 6:58 pm
Jeez. I'm supposedly an 8 and I find other people as difficult as you're describing an 8

I dont just walk in and start conflict. I actually hate drama.

Control my middos? I mean you have to work on yourself. Count to 3 or 10. Start saying thank uou to Hashem for things you don't like happening. It comes with time and work. See other people for who they are and understand they are entitled to their views and feelings even if you don't agree. Let them think what they want. Do kind things for others.

small bean

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 7:04 pm
I just did a free online test and am an 8.

I know that in a work situation, I'm difficult to work with for a variety of reasons. I think it's why I manage a company the way I do. Very little staff, because I have lityle patience with them.

Regarding middos, I'm not sure which ones you are referring to but when I die, I want people to remember me as kind and I work to that.

I'm not sure I'm into these stereotypes at all.

Also on the other test I got ak ISTJ - does that even go together with an 8.

small bean

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 7:07 pm
I wanr to add that I hardly have conflict with anyone irl.

I'd rather do things on my own than spend time talking to you and explaining things. I never had a fight at work. I'd faster ignore you than argue with you.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 8:16 pm
People really love to hate on 8s, but all types have equally good and bad middos depending on their level of health. It's a common misunderstanding. How do you work on your middos with the type that you are?

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 12:42 am
I have a friend an eight. I love her. I know she will tell me outright her critics on me and will not beat around the bush. When she needs a favor, she just asks outright and if I can't help her then she's fine with that too. Very uncomplicated. She's a great leader, take charge type and fun to be around with. She has a seven wing.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 3:28 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
I know someone who I think is an 8
She is a bully, opinionated, & I never want to get into any discussion with her b/c she is ‘always’ right.

I think this is her nature. I try as hard as I can to stay far away from her

It may not be an 8. I can be like this and I a 6/5. I like getting into discussions and like to speculate, for the intellectual side of it. Other people can often shy away because it is too heated, I come out too strong or they just have a "different opinion" that I won't let them have (a situation is clear cut for a professional but for layman there is room for "opinions").
Obviously it only applies topics where I know what I am talking about. If I don't, I won't even maintain the conversation.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics